Thread: Gammon & flinders ranges trip

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    When we were at the ruins earlier this year there were dead kangaroos in most of the ruins , one of the ones pictured had three dead Roos and the smell was truly something horrendous .
    Ruins were clean but I did find a couple of mummified Roos behind one about three ruins in, even took a pic of one. The place is very well maintained considering it’s pretty remote.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Ruins were clean but I did find a couple of mummified Roos behind one about three ruins in, even took a pic of one. The place is very well maintained considering it’s pretty remote.
    I can only assume someone did a cull and threw the bodies in the ruins , only ruins that never had at least one dead one in it was the one across the creek the old homestead that had the big veggie garden and owned the spring .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you had a great time Jack. It’s such a beautiful area.
    i was there about three weeks ago for a weekend. Flew in to Adelaide and drove up with some mates. Just did the bush walk up to the top of Wilpena pound and to the Sacred Canyon. Camped, drank beer, ate emu/roo/camel at Parachilna.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been to stay longer.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (19th November 2017), jack (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    Good to see you had a great time Jack. It’s such a beautiful area.
    i was there about three weeks ago for a weekend. Flew in to Adelaide and drove up with some mates. Just did the bush walk up to the top of Wilpena pound and to the Sacred Canyon. Camped, drank beer, ate emu/roo/camel at Parachilna.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been to stay longer.
    Good to hear, I’m not into walking (well my wife isn’t) so didn’t get to explore to much of Wilpena. Remember you telling me about Skytrek and Moxans Hut, got a picture of the Nissan Patrol Club sign I’ll post up when I get on the pc.
    Cheers
    Jack

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Good to hear, I’m not into walking (well my wife isn’t) so didn’t get to explore to much of Wilpena. Remember you telling me about Skytrek and Moxans Hut, got a picture of the Nissan Patrol Club sign I’ll post up when I get on the pc.
    Yeah, it was pretty hard on the old knees. It was a lot easier 25 years ago when I last did it.
    There’s still a bit of work to be done on the side walls of the old hut. The club needs to get back there one day.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Jack, cheers for sharing . Didn't go to a place called Big Moro by any chance? Remember going there years ago with the folks and was a very nice surprise, beautiful little spot. Been meaning to get beck there one day, kinda hard to find it on maps tho. . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Rock Trol

Hard to believe they had 7 inches of rain there, that would have made an impressive flow in the creeks (once the plains were visible again).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty hard on the old knees. It was a lot easier 25 years ago when I last did it.
    There’s still a bit of work to be done on the side walls of the old hut. The club needs to get back there one day.
    Looks like they were back in 2015.

Had a beer in there for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Nice one Jack, cheers for sharing . Didn't go to a place called Big Moro by any chance? Remember going there years ago with the folks and was a very nice surprise, beautiful little spot. Been meaning to get beck there one day, kinda hard to find it on maps tho. . .
    We did drive through Nepabunna but didn't stop, don't recall any signs mentioning Big Moro.
    Cheers
    Jack

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front part was first restored in 1993. I was with the club in 2015 when we rebuilt the rear wall. The two side walls will also need changing out in the future. We used hand tools like saws, axes and mallets to split and shape the native pine. It was bloody hard wood.

What did the beer taste like Jack?
    Warm I guess.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

jack (21st November 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12