OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: NISSAN Eng Design Build Deficiency/Need a Catch Can (Design Enhancement)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NISSAN Eng Design Build Deficiency/Need a Catch Can (Design Enhancement)

No news to most of you, an oil catch can for diesel engines is a must have to overcome a Nissan engine design deficiency.

I recall a cousin of mine saying to me when my 08 GU Patrol CRD was relatively new, get yourself a catch can or make one as this is one of the most important things you should do "First Up" before anything else.

Me, too busy, and considered it unlikely that a mech designer (Nissan here) in this day and age would produce an engine with such a design deficiency that required additional mods (eg: Oil separator catch can so to collects the eng oil mist and that condenses the fuel vapours while allowing “cleaner” gases to be passed back into the intake). . Not a chance, SHE WILL BE RIGHT MATE. I WAS WRONG!!!

Yrs went by and then started reading of lessons learnt on this forum mainly of how much oil vapour was being pumped back into these motors. Well a few thousand kms ago I fitted full NADS, included a ProVent 200 Catch Can.
    Today as part of my general 5000km service, emptied the Catch Can and collected about 1cm of black “gunk” in the bottom of a 2lt milk container (black oil like crap), Just blew me away. Glad I fitted the CC before my new TIG I/C went on.

All I can say as many others have before me “Fit a Catch Can”.

I would not even consider, to purposely pour this black crap in to my fuel let alone my inlet manifold every 5000kms. Fairly cheap to buy a CC and a straight fwd DIY mod..
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

AB (15th November 2017), BigJ (15th November 2017), GQtdauto (15th November 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement