Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU ZD30 Injector IP advice?

Long Ago there was a .....

Bloke who swapped his Gq for a Non running Gu , thought it was a good deal , bit of a wiz around diesels [so i thought] Bloke said it just died? , okay no biggy ...

Enter the dirty 3.0 TD DI Nissan GU patrol engine , well , first day we got it running on stat ya B@stard , life is good right? hell YEAH! , got it to the top of the driveway , dies , like run out of fuel .
    roll back into the garage , get it running but this time we couldnt use the throttle , to look under the hood we find air assisted throttle , non commonrail , no bleed points on the pump anywhere!
    remove intercooler then dive straight into bleeding the injectors , couldnt get fuel to the injectors ,so i decide to rip them out , [not sure why but they werent missing or anything]
    Replace injector 0rings and new copper washers , again turn it over no fire , pump her hard to the point it felt like i couldnt push the primer anymore or itll colapse!
    got it running [WICKED] but no throttle , after about a minute could rev to 1000rpm! [OMG WTH?????]

ripped out fuel primer , replaced fuel lines .... LIKE FROM THE TANK! STILL NO FIRE? no run?

give up , went inside and sulked ,...... next morning it fired right up . but wouldnt rev . now this all got me thinking that if it doesnt retain fuel to the injectors ill put a check valve on it!
    gave up on that idea as noone sold them for 5mm fiel line .
    second can of start ya b@stard , starting to run low
    checked ecu , checked AFM , checked EVERYTING! except IP ....

sourced an injector pump off a bloke , $300 off a running engine [omg cheap!]

so now im at the point of do i need to have it calibrated once installed onto my engine?

or do i just set the engine to TDC and set my pump up on the mark and turn the key and drive off into the sunset/?????

BTW 1st time poster long time reader!

kind regards Big

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome cheers for that fellas