User Tag List

Thread: 17" alloys on 07 Gu iv

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17" alloys on 07 Gu iv

Ok, I dont know anything at all about wheels and tyres.
    But i Have 17 Inch alloys on my 07 patrol, currently running Very Used 275 65 17 maxxis bravo's less than 2mm left :O

Looking at getting just a cheap set of A/T's for now, can anyone tell me if i can only put 275 65 17 on or can i get other sizes that will fit these wheels? and whats a good cheap but not cheap quality, just to do me over fo a few months

Just a temp cheap fix until Tax Time, when i think I will go down to a 16x8 sunraysia with GOODYEAR WRANGLER KEVLAR MTR 305 / 70 / 16 (33X12.5X16)........any thoughts on this????/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    have you hade a look here at all????

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...s-amp-Feedback

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered some goodyear wrangler duratracs (33s) and some 16x8 sunnies to replace the 17" alloys and worn out tires a couple of weeks ago. Should get them fitted in the next few days.

If you can find a supplier near a toymota or nissan dealership you can get almost new second hand tires from when people take delivery of their brand new trucks and drive down the road and get the standard wheels and tires replaced. Fourbys in Brissy does this but that probably wont help you.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Bec,

i would be chasing some second hand tyres too.

To answer your question you can get all different sizes to fit your 17 inch rims. If your GU is a 3lt then it will fit 16inch wheels too.

Here is a REAL BARGAIN for you mate, it will do you for the next 2 years easy

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tyres-4WD-Dun...#ht_500wt_1156

You could drive 500kms to get them and still be on a good deal. $600 Buy Now price for 5. Go get them. They have done 6000kms only and the guy probably took them off to go bigger of more aggressive.

-----------------

Or you could grab these would get you through to tax time

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-DUNLOP-GRAN...#ht_500wt_1156

You might look on Ebay for second had set of 16inch wheels and 60%+ muddies in a 33 (285/75-16) and they will bolt straight up. YOu will probably get away with $600 to $800 for a half decent set of 5 and then use them for off roading and you new ATs after tax time for you commuting kms.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

bec (6th May 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help there, think i may just go a cheap set to get me through dont want to be spending huge$$$$$ for just a few months

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might look on Ebay for second had set of 16inch wheels and 60%+ muddies in a 33 (285/75-16) and they will bolt straight up. YOu will probably get away with $600 to $800 for a half decent set of 5 and then use them for off roading and you new ATs after tax time for you commuting kms.
    ???? 33's fit on with no lift?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

???? 33's fit on with no lift?
    here is mine with Neg-6 Offset Rock Crawler rims and 285/75-16s (33s) NO LIFT! all i had to do was remove the front mud flaps and i drove like this for 6 months.

Before

After

Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.