Thread: I'm so happy :-)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy :-)

So I bought a 96 GQ 4.2efi a few weeks ago for cheap and have spent a LOT of hours fixing stuff on it due to previous owners neglect. It's completely rust free with only 220Ks on it so I was prepared to make a few allowances for it. Yesterday it was finally ready to hit the bush.

Took it out on its first bush run today and VERY HAPPY. It was way better than my old prado in the sand. And its still a fully stock GQ. Left the cruisers for dead. I'm fully converted to the school of PATROL.

Cant wait to get a 2" lift. I ordered 33" tires yesterday and they go on next week.

Its such a cool car. That read LSD works awesome.

cheers
    Damo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damo For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (12th November 2017), growler2058 (12th November 2017), mudski (12th November 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya Damo. At least fixing up the previous owners neglect let you get to know your new beast. Glad your happy with the new to you patrol.
    2006 GUIV DX 4.2 TDI Ute, Bullbar with Warn winch, Narva round spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, 2 x Narva spotties an 80W solor panel on roof, Custom tray, 3" Redback exhaust, Bluemax 2 - EGT/Boost Oil press/Temp and dual volt gauges, Lifted, front locked and fully loaded......
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!