Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD42 complete conversion PERTH

ITEM: TD42 complete conversion GQ Silvertop

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: looking at offers around $3500 but not sure of the market

CONDITION AND ODOMETER READING: Used 300000

REASON FOR SELLING: Diesel smells and isn't for everyone

EXTRA INFO:

I am removing a silver top NA td42 from my Maverick for an engine conversion. I am selling the complete conversion. This is the original motor from the car and has never been turbo'd. Every part from the flywheel forward will be sold and will suit someone who wants a complete conversion for their petrol GQ. This includes but is not limited to

Motor, radiator, starter AC, pump, alternator, all the body wiring including under the dash wiring, fuse box and dash instrument cluster. If it is related to the td it is included. If you need the gearbox that is an option for an additional $400.

The motor is still installed and will able to be viewed running and possibly test driven.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey mate, sounds pretty reasonable, unfortunately not in the market for one but good luck. . What's the conversion you're doing?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hey mate, sounds pretty reasonable, unfortunately not in the market for one but good luck. . What's the conversion you're doing?

Nothing exciting dude. Just a tb42. I know most would say I'm bonkers but that's fine. My daily is a td42t but this car is purely a trail rig and i prefer the petrols for that sort of work. You can rape them all day long and they are cheap to replace. Not so true for the diesels. I have a donor half cut so that's why i thought I'd sweeten the pot by including the whole conversion for a potential buyer.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, yeah don't hear of too many TD to TB conversions out there! TB's are strong as, dual fuel lets them down I reckon, as long as economy isn't on the top of the list they're bloody good and will take a fair flogg'n and keep going for a while. Should work out pretty cheap anyway. . .