Hybrid View

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63% reductions suit GQ & GU patrol [QLD]

ITEM: 63% reductions suit GQ & GU patrol (3.29:1 ratio)

CONDITION: brand new in unopened box made by Marks 4wd.

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: 1410 + post

EXTRA INFO: I have a set of these in my own vehicle and to be honest, they are the best ratio for reductions, I have only ever had positive feedback.
    I had them made as a custom order by Marks 4wd as I felt the ratios they offered (43% and 85% lower than stock) were not what I was after.
    The 43% reduction still leaves the 1st gear final drive ratio faster than that of a stock 1HZ landcruiser and the 85% can be too slow and leave you range changing and just hating life in general.
    These gears come with full manufacturers warranty as comes from Marks and I can post to most of Australia for $25-35. I am happy to quote freight internationally.
    Probably one of the best mods I have done to my truck, I would say in terms of wheeling they made more of a change than my lockers did, as it is such an overall improvement
    Cost to install varies from $300 to over $1000 with the average being around $500.
    It can be done at home if you are spanner handy.
    Any questions feel free to post or PM or contact me on 0433 108 569
    Cheers, Andy

97 patrol coilcab ute. 4" lift, snorkel, 315/75R16 cooper S/T's. and about 200rwhp and some expensive bits and pieces

Organising a group buy for 63% transfer reduction gears, check the link here

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to love ke70 For This Useful Post:

Chubba (17th November 2017), MB (9th November 2017), mudski (9th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in the market for these unfortunately, but I can't imagine you'll have them long. Would be the ducks guts I reckon. ................one day!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G’day Andy, they sound great mate. One day when coin permits too I was previously thinking about changing diff ratios in our family wagon TD4.2T running 33” tyres from 3.9s to say 4.3s for slower track work. Don’t really want to lose highway efficiency though by doing this and your gears may be the answer. As a very rough ratio guide would your gears in low range equate to something like 4.6 diffs when off-road? Cheers Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,767 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    G’day Andy, they sound great mate. One day when coin permits too I was previously thinking about changing diff ratios in our family wagon TD4.2T running 33” tyres from 3.9s to say 4.3s for slower track work. Don’t really want to lose highway efficiency though by doing this and your gears may be the answer. As a very rough ratio guide would your gears in low range equate to something like 4.6 diffs when off-road? Cheers Mark
    Mark, I've got these installed for the exact same reason you mentioned. Slow track work and I don't lose fuel efficiency as it's my daily. Best way I can explain the ratio is when in low 1, I was looking for a lower gear, always too fast on the downhill runs and bloody dangerous when wet. Now I need to accelerate sometime. Have only done one trip with them in (with the old 35s) and yes, well worth it. It's a good balance for my tb45+auto.

And I'm also running 3.9s

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jay see; 9th November 2017 at 11:29 PM.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Chubba (17th November 2017), MB (9th November 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God I wish I had the coin for these.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does look like the go Mr Mark mate, wishing too here we are! Have roughly priced up front and rear diff centre swaps + a Mark’s 5th gear highway upgrade to counteract and appears double if not triple. What’s your preferred pace/ratio old mate, this 63% sounds really good but unsure of the maths?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Does look like the go Mr Mark mate, wishing too here we are! Have roughly priced up front and rear diff centre swaps + a Mark’s 5th gear highway upgrade to counteract and appears double if not triple. What’s your preferred pace/ratio old mate, this 63% sounds really good but unsure of the maths?

Yeah the 5th gear thingo I wouldn't mind doing too.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2017), Rossco (11th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduction gears are probably the best mod I have done to the Patrol. Absolutely transformed it off road.
    Best thing to do is get onto Marks Adapters web site and look at the table which lists the actual reduction you get for different model Patrols as there is a big difference between autos and manuals. Also tyre size and diff ratios will make a difference.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

MB (9th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers blokes, will check out their graphs tomorrow for sure! The OP’s 63% advertised isn’t a standard gear though it seems and custom made it appears. Very interested us as it’s looking like the perfect happy medium for our family trucking needs :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,767 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers blokes, will check out their graphs tomorrow for sure! The OP’s 63% advertised isn’t a standard gear though it seems and custom made it appears. Very interested us as it’s looking like the perfect happy medium for our family trucking needs :-)

Correct Mark. It's something that Andy has done with marks. There's a lot of info on the other Patrol forum .

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (10th November 2017)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast