Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Fist shovel clamps

screenshot_1030.jpg
    Anyone used these? Are you happy with them?

Thanks
    Cuppa
    (Back on NBN for a month ....Woohoo!)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have used and now taken off Caravan as found rubber split making clamp unstable.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup. I have a set for the shovel.
    Same set is now on my third 4x4 so had them for 6 years. I rate them highly. Quick and easy.
    I think 2 or 3 times I've sprayed mine with silicone spray and they come up new. Kind of reconditions the rubber ...

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob & Hodge.
    I bought some on ebay this morning & planning on using them inside my canopy (so won't be exposed to UV light to deteriorate them hopefully). After buying them I began to wonder whether I was buying one of those products which look like a good idea but fail to live up to their promise. Couldn't find anything else comparable either cost wise or ease of use wise.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Cuppa, I now only use them to secure things inside to my cargo barrier ( spare UHF antenna, small hand spade, Maglite .... ). Used to use them for my long shovel on the roof rack, but had one let go due to deteriorating from the weather. Could have been nasty.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set holding my shovel on the roof rack, 3 years, so far no problems.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Cuppa brought up eBay.
    I don't know what they are worth now. When I was buying mine I remember a substantial difference between some of the eBay ones and the dearer ones from 4x4 shops... From memory I got mine from Tjm and they were 80 odd bucks .
    Maybe the cheaper alternatives aren't UV rated as much ?
    Just a thought .

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    So Cuppa brought up eBay.
    I don't know what they are worth now. When I was buying mine I remember a substantial difference between some of the eBay ones and the dearer ones from 4x4 shops... From memory I got mine from Tjm and they were 80 odd bucks .
    Maybe the cheaper alternatives aren't UV rated as much ?
    Just a thought .

Hopefully if they are embossed with the Quick Fist logo they are the real deal. There is indeed quite a variation in prices on ebay, but these are the ones I bought.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/QUICK-FI...72.m2749.l2649

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Hodge (31st October 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones that failed on my rig were also Quick Fist. They came from my previous rig and were about 4 years old.
    Last edited by bazzaboy; 1st November 2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have used a pair on my GUIV roof rack for 9 years. They are AWESOME!

In all those years I have lost the shovel once only and that was freaky in tight bush and an over hanging branch flukes the end of the shovel and spat it out the back!! Fortunately I was in a convoy and was told straight away.

Never have the clamps failed. Shovel in your hands on 2 seconds flat.

Best bit of kit.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast