Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deciphering dyno results and remap options

Hi all,

Mods please move if not in the right area.

Been recently researching options for remapping my 2016 crd. Currently running tillix and needle, egr block, 3" exhaust and basic tunit rail chip.

One of my local guys has this chart on his Facebook page but the torque is measured at the flywheel. All the other guys offering info are giving me torque at the wheels.

Is there an easy calc to convert?

I understand each dyno is different so results for the same car will be different on different dynos.

Any other advice when looking / researching this topic?

What questions should I ask?

Or anyone want to chime in their experience with local (Sunshine Coast) remappers? Good and bad. PM me if you'd prefer.

Is it important if they are a Master Tuner (assuming that means they are able to modify their own tunes)? Or is it more about the ability, knowledge and attention to detail of the tuner?

Some guys are telling me to ditch the tillix and go with the boost controlled actuator made by diesel smart. I've searched on the web and the forum but their is not much info on these, except to say they're not that great on a Di. Not much reference to the crd.

Others are saying stick with the tillix (which I already have).

Is there a consistent % difference between 31" and 33" tyres in dyno figures?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help get my head around this stuff.

Cheers

Trev

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement