OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Interesting Outcome - No more blow-by after fitting the reconditioned head

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Outcome - No more blow-by after fitting the reconditioned head

It has been a quite an unexpected surprise for me to find out my RB30 engine
    practically show no signs of excessive blow-by after fitting the home reconditioned
    cylinder head.
    The only reason I can come up with to explain it is the excessive machining the old cylinder head had gone through(1mm beyond the limit set by Nissan for RB30 engine).
    The reconditioned head is still within the factory specs.
    I'm guessing if the excess compression caused the previous excessive blow-by, then it is logical for me to expect low compression and probably reduced power from the new cylinder head, but that's not the case either.
    I think the cam timing was also way out before which must have affected the power out in a negative way. Now the cam timing is back to factory settings has offset any loss of power from drop of compression.

I am pretty impressed.

If you guys have any theories for the disappearance of the annoying excessive blow-by issue I had before, I would love to hear it.

Blow-by was so bad before, I had to basically glue the rocker cover to the head using Permatex Ultragrey and leave it for good twenty four hours to harden the stick. Oil was seeping from the back of the head between rocker cover and head(rocker cover gasket), it only stopped after I used Permatex Ultrgrey.

Now I only have the rocker cover fitted lightly with the rocker cover bolts with the old gasket(no Permatex Ultragrey)
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (27th October 2017)