Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TB42E misfiring, backfiring through intake, losing revs under load

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salzgq View Post
    My bro is building a tb42e as well so I am just trying stuff off his, only have purchased spark plugs at the moment

Yeah backfires through the intake under load on both petrol gas, however when i rev it on gas it revs okay, but with petrol it stutters.

Will be checking earths tommorow, and the throttle position sensor again, trying brothers ecu

Cheers
    I can also point out this from my recent run-ins with my RB30 engine rebuild, particularly the cylinder head.
    Worn hydraulic lifters(mechanical tappets in your case I reckon) & worn cam lobes as well as excessively machined cylinder heads can cause cam timing issues & backfire/misfire etc as a result. Once or if you rule out electrical and other mechanical issues, start investigating those ones I pointed out.

I'm not sure how critical it is to adjust tappets in EFI TB42 model(I dunno whether EFI model comes with hydraulic lifters or not), but for a carby TB42, it is an important factor on the smooth running of the engine.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while its important to adjust the tappets on a tb42e i doubt it the problem.

how did you set the timing? you need to unplug the aac valve and fcid before adjusting the dissy on a tb42e. failure to do this will result in the timing being retarded by approximately 5 degrees from where it should be.

you say its worse on petrol but still does it on gas, the olny time my old tb42e ever backfired through the intake was when the fuel pump was dead and it was going super lean under load. so my first thought is check fuel pressure and then check all vac hoses and intake piping on the engine side of the maf, as anny leak here will result in a lean running engine.
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to billyj For This Useful Post:

dom14 (24th October 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12