Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD28 HELP , CUT OUT Hard take off LOW POWER

Hi,

I Have a big big Problem on my TD2.8 Nissan Patrol , I really need help as it already cost me so much money and nothing is solve ....

So, I have a 1998 TD2.8 Patrol for about 2month now , when i Picked it up it was fine but a little bit under power but it seems to be better and better . I drove it about 600km and then the prob started to appear : When you are over 2500t/m then press the Clutch the niddle go strait down and engine STOPS unless you let go the clutch and with speed it start over , if you change the gear fast enough it wont cut but still make like a push start vibration. Took it to a mechanic who change filter etc etc scan computer said it has a crankshaft error on it clear it , then it appear again , from now when the problem was happening i Had the little Orange motor light on on my dash Board , when it was on the problem wasnt here anymore until you press the clutch (still over around 2000/2500) then light disappear and problem back again, When you take off ( half of time) its very hard specially on a parking , cut out a lot and do black smoke , overwise when you drive on highway its fine !

Sequel of the story , I went to the mechanic who passed my RWC and ask him to fix the problem , ( BTW he his the worst mechanic on planet earth it was a pain in the @!# to deal with Him)
    He changed the crankshaft Sensor and clean some stuff on Engine , I did a engine clean myself after that , then it was perfect , power was back and no more problem ! I was ready to rock N roll that beautiful country ,
    And yesterday on my way to pick up my Roof tent the PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN ! SO BACK TO START , power problem ( better than before though) , CUT OUT and HARD TO TAKE OFF.

I Need to specified that My mate put petrol in the diesel tank couple days before but , spend 250 on a mechanic who cleaned everything filters etc etc he said it had a power problem and thinks its the TUrbo , but I really don`t think so , as the power problem is out of the turbo range .

PLEASE HELP ME ! THANKS SO MUCH BY ADVANCE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will get a response mate if you introduce yourself first in the intro section.

As to your issue. Your last paragraph is where the issue lies I reckon. Change the fuel filter again, do nothing else and see if the symptoms change at all. Injectors could be blocked or stuffed now too from the Petrol running through them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And should I say, it's RD28?
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change your filters and put diesel purge plus to clean your pump and injectors