Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D31a optima battery fitment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D31a optima battery fitment

Hi guys I’ve gone and bought myself an optima d31a battery for the patrol and i was wondering if any of you out there managed to squeeze it under the bonnet somehow. If so which battery tray did you use and how did you get it to fit.

Any help would be awesome
    Regards
    Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ran 2 under my bonnet for 7 years. 1 each side. No problems getting them in.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't remember having big issues fitting them. Tell me your trouble and I can have a look at my tray and see if I made any changes.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I don't remember having big issues fitting them. Tell me your trouble and I can have a look at my tray and see if I made any changes.
    So basically it’s a series 2 gu and I wanted to put it in place of the main battery drivers side near the fuel lift pump. If I was to put it on the other side near the air box I’m worried it will hit the bonnet when it closes and I can’t find a tray big enough to support the weight

Currently own a ZD30 2000 GU patrol with a dead injector pump about to start a build on a TD42 motor to go in the car and basically rebuild the whole car into a machine of a rig

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs MB and I have only been able to stock main battery GU 2000/1/2s under hood squeeze in the D27F’s I think they are/were. Always wanted the bigger versions but also very keen to find out how to also for sure Jack. Darren above may be referring to his GQ beast which do seem to have better battery space I think ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah I had 2 under the bonnet of t he GUIV for a long time. Only recently replaced them but had a great run. Let me see if I can find a pic on the forum.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (18th October 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the best I can find right n ow as I don't have a lot of pics of my GU

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (18th October 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top work Daz! Reckon our current 2001 has from memory a fuse box between battery and driver that hindered getting one of those beasty Optimas. I’ll go for a walk and send pic soon too :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, keep moving too many around :-) Century back in the family 2001 truckster main with D27 auxiliary. 1999 work ute with twin D27s Stock relay box inbetween and stock battery trays in our oldish faithfulls seam to be as remembered our problem. Height of the bigger 31 actually never honestly considered either but seems tight looking just now too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

JackCollo (19th October 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Whoops, keep moving too many around :-) Century back in the family 2001 truckster main with D27 auxiliary. 1999 work ute with twin D27s Stock relay box inbetween and stock battery trays in our oldish faithfulls seam to be as remembered our problem. Height of the bigger 31 actually never honestly considered either but seems tight looking just now too.

Yeah I measured it with a tape and found it was about 5 mm to small but I’ll give it a shot tonight and let you know. Fingers crossed though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JackCollo For This Useful Post:

MB (19th October 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast