OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Block Pitted Spots - Solutions?!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    No good, mate. Yesterday, I had to palm the Falcon off to a mechanic to get the head gasket done, as there is no way I could bend to that low height for the length of time needed at the moment. Got a call to say the head had already been previously welded due to corrosion. I asked for his judgement call, and he says 98% OK. I said "Its only an EB Falcon. Whack the head back on and we'll deal with it in the next year or so." He has another EB in the yard and I plan to strip it for parts.
    Yeah, I've got similar issues with chronic lower back issues. Didn't wanna go under the knife out of the fear of ending up
    paraplegic. No amount of compensation money can give back what a person lose from not being able to walk.

Patrol is a bit more lower back friendly 'cos of the height of the bonnet.
    I wouldn't wanna do a Falcon head in my current condition either.
    I just have to let the Spring pass. It's the sneezing(hayfever) that does most of the damage to the
    lower back by flaring it up in a flash.

Watch out for Falcon bottom ends. It it's done more than 300k, get the bottom end checked as well.
    I used to have an EA Falcon that let go the bottom end the moment I put a recondition head.
    Only lasted three months or so and started blowing oil out of the air cleaner.
    I wouldn't take the chance if it has high mileage. Getting it honed and putting a new ring set
    is well worth it. Or alternatively you can get a low km Falcon engine pretty cheaply these days.
    Or you can just put a good used head with no cracks or so it won't put that much pressure on the piston rings.

Yeah, get another good EA or EB Falcon for spare parts. They are pretty cheap now.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (18th October 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123