Thread: Commando shocks review

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commando shocks review

So, recently I found myself in a situation where I needed some new shocks asap & I don't have the coin for either of the Tough Dog or the Fox shocks I'm torn between. I currently have Raw Nitro Max & both left shocks are cactus after a little mishap off rd. In fact the rear left has no oil left in it at all. We had a wedding 4 hrs drive away recently & had to take the Patrol. So I got some Commando Foam cell shocks. My car has 4" lift in it & the shocks were to suit that. Without wasting anymore of your time I'll get to the point. These shock are crap. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. I'm thinking of putting my flogged out Raw's back in. I've never felt such a floaty, horrible set of shocks. I liken the feeling to being on my 16' half cab boat. Its almost the same. The whole back end of the car drops the moment I start letting the clutch out & being as gentle as poss. The cab moves around so much it's unreal. I can feel the left side is so much softer due to the panhard rods. I never felt that with my Tough dogs or Raws. I know its a harsh comparison, a set of $300 shock vs a set of shocks that cost $300 ea but really, these things make me car sick. I feel I want a 5 point harness just t stop me being thrown around under normal driving conditions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I guess they're not very good then

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to get rid of them. I don't enjoy driving my car at all right now.