Thread: Long Time Reader First Post Introductions

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long Time Reader First Post Introductions

Hi Guys Great Forum my name is Ismet pronounced ( Is Met ) My nickname is Itchy coz as a kid had chickenpox and as i woud scratch away , mum would say stop scratching , id say i cant Im Itchy im Itchy, so my sisters thought they were funny by calling me Itchy and it stuck , i had nickname B4 The Simpsons started so when people ask wheres Scratchy, Thinking there the first to ask id say parked outside .
    Iv been a member for years but I usualy just search the forum for stuff already Posted instead of posting the same question and so i dont Post 25 Bulls#@t Questions just to be able to view Links or Downloads
    Love Camping Going Bush self tought Mechanic and Auto Electrics I Help my Mates with there cars.
    I own a 1994 Patrol GQ Shorty TD42 N/A wit 33"s BullBar 12,000 lb winch Led Spoties , Rockslide 3" Lift Just a basic no Turbo but engine bay very tidy same as all electrics inside it was a 1 owner so it didnt have any backyars electronics splices and taped up
    I Used to go Camping alot almost every other month, but 7 years ago got real sick had about 14 Serious Gastric Operations , infections ate away all my Core Stomache Muscles so it has affected my abilities and caused lower back problems i cant sit for more than cpl hrs without haveing a break But i try not let it stop me going out in my 4by Plus im on Heavy Morphine Pain Medications , im not looking for any sympathy Just explaining my situation , i dont take life for granted as every day i wake up is another great day

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ismet For This Useful Post:

bazzaboy (15th October 2017), Bigcol (28th September 2017), GQtdauto (28th September 2017), growler2058 (15th October 2017), Hodge (28th September 2017), jack (28th September 2017), Touses (28th September 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good onya bloke, pleased to say hello. Welcome.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome itchy , fantastic intro and wish all new comers would take the time for more than a one line hello .
    No good about your health issues getting in the way of the great outdoors mate but there are a few of us here that have similar circumstances even same pain meds that can maybe give you a tip or two or even lend an ear if you need to let off some steam .
    Or just use the pm option if you need a yak at any stage .

Have back trouble myself and recently did a two month trip to the corner country , used a few more pills than I normally pop and when we finally got home it took a while to recover but enjoyed every second of it despite a bit more pain .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum mate

sounds like an interesting time you have had, not everyone with a disability wears a helmet and rides on the little bus

love your attitude to life, and hope you enjoy all
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welccome to the forum. Sorry about your problems, but good to see you getting on with it. As GQtdauto says there are a few on here with health/pain issues, some more than others, but you have got to stay in there and make the best of what you have got.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    welcome to the forum mate

sounds like an interesting time you have had, not everyone with a disability wears a helmet and rides on the little bus

love your attitude to life, and hope you enjoy all
    Speak for yourself , I love my crayons and helmet .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (3rd October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Itchy welcome to the forum mate

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!