Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bang for buck tyres

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brodie, get good tyres. Stuff the drawers mate, drawers are a luxury not a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

jay see (24th September 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, we here are not too far off ripping out the family wagons daily elcheapo 80+kg draws. Hoping to do a little family touring trip with smartly allocated boxes instead of heavy draws for GVM savings. Tyres, Suspension and Donk/Drivetrain will be I hope what gets us there :-)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What other brand tyres would you guys recommend?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work GU utes on the highway have done very well with MAXXI's I think they're called :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a Cooper fully delaminate with the family in the car towing the camper at 100kmh. Cooper didn't want to know about it. They offered me a hat. Never forgotten never forgiven. Scratch the surface and you will find PLENTY of negative reviews.

That price make a them $250 a tyre which is cheap as chip but my Hate for Cooper could b or see me buy them.

I have KM2s with 40k on them and still looking great. I paid $1500 for 5 fitted to my rims from Hunters Element.they have an eBay store
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a set of the cooper stt pros on a work truck and have to say they look like a very good tyre and so far seem to be wareing fairly well although had the cooper stt's that were reasonable got about 50k out of them. Also had the st's before that and I've never had so many punctures ever in tyres they were ridiculous. But slowly winning back confidence in the coopers although am still a devout BFG fan boy i think. Interestingly i think the stt pros look like a bit of a reaction to the popularity of KM2s even the font looks similar. .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never had coopers but would never buy them from the countless horror stories ive heard over the years. That many first hand complaints cant be wrong, no matter what coopers advertising says (imo). Very happy with my mickey thompsons but will look around when theyre next due. Not at coopers tho for me.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (23rd September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never had muddies but have had experience with BFG KOs and to be honest I didnt rate them on a wet road, too hard a compound and too slippery. I next had Mickey Thompson 4 rib ATZs, softer compound, wore faster but not stupidly fast, grip was so much better.
    My current ride is fitted with Dick Cepek FCIIs, again a softer compound, better in the wet than the BFGs but not quite as good as the Mickeys.

A mate of mine uses Toyo Open Country MTs and loves them, will not use anything else.

My old man uses Yokohama Geolander ATS, again will not use anything else.

What I'm getting at I guess is, it's all down to personal preference.

I know I prefer to have a softer compound with better wet road capabilities than a harder longer wearing tyre that's shit on wet roads. After all, its where most of my driving is done to be honest.

Just dont waste your money buying a cheap brand. As far as a drawer system goes, don't really see the point, not had one in 7 years and probably won't get one either, just extra weight to carry. My stuff goes in storage boxes, that I can remove when not needed.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Bush Ranger (24th September 2017), GQtdauto (23rd September 2017), MB (23rd September 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I've never had muddies but have had experience with BFG KOs and to be honest I didnt rate them on a wet road, too hard a compound and too slippery. I next had Mickey Thompson 4 rib ATZs, softer compound, wore faster but not stupidly fast, grip was so much better.
    My current ride is fitted with Dick Cepek FCIIs, again a softer compound, better in the wet than the BFGs but not quite as good as the Mickeys.

A mate of mine uses Toyo Open Country MTs and loves them, will not use anything else.

My old man uses Yokohama Geolander ATS, again will not use anything else.

What I'm getting at I guess is, it's all down to personal preference.

I know I prefer to have a softer compound with better wet road capabilities than a harder longer wearing tyre that's shit on wet roads. After all, its where most of my driving is done to be honest.

Just dont waste your money buying a cheap brand. As far as a drawer system goes, don't really see the point, not had one in 7 years and probably won't get one either, just extra weight to carry. My stuff goes in storage boxes, that I can remove when not needed.

I done a bit more looking on eBay and found these! Was after a 35" but I'm happy with 33" still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BrodieTiGQ For This Useful Post:

Clunk (24th September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, almost forgot mate!
    Never run cast rims, steelies all the way and sledgehammer cheap as Dynamic chips ;-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast