User Tag List

Thread: 4WD in Cervantes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4WD in Cervantes

W.A. members... I have a reason to be in Cervantes in mid October.
    Is it worth driving up in the Patrol? Is there good 4WD'ing or should I take the road car?
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you drive up around Jurien Bay and sandy cape there's some beach stuff you can do as well as down to grey from Cervantes
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Mc4by,

There's a bit of 4x4ing to be had in the area, but mainly all sand.

You could check out Stockyard Gully Caves (east of Greenhead)
    Sandy Cape recreation Area (there's tracks heading south of here with some old bunkers to check out etc... The turn off is to the left of the Info Board)
    The sand dune area (plus beaches) just north of the Cervantes town (I think access is at the northern end of Catalonia St).
    The Pinnacles (not that you need a 4x4) and there's a couple of beaches around this area too.

We were up there in May, but unfortunately some of the beaches in Cervantes were closed due to weed build-up.

Check out http://www.4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com and http://www.4wdingaustralia.com/4x4/w...cations-in-wa/ as there's plenty of info on these websites.

Cheers,
    Darren
    Last edited by Bloggsy; 21st September 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't done a lot of sand driving so it will be good to have a play in the dunes.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The trip of Lesueur National Park, Stockyard Gully and take the 4wd track to Lake Indoon is worth it

Lesuer has over 10% of WA's flora species and will be awesome in October.
    If you walk up to the peak (long walk admittedly) apart from the pretties there is usually a heap of Wedgetail Eagles soaring the thermals.
    I've seen a dozen there a few years back which is quite unusual.
    Personally I rate the beaches between Wedge and Grey as the best of that whole section of coast.

Nambung is best at sunset/moonrise (if you haven't visited before).
    For that reason the tickets allow multiple entry and if you get the right timing for a sunset then a full moon rising the pics you can get are awesome

Sandy Cape north of Jurien is prob the best option for sand driving but the country up there doesn't have the big expanses of dunes like Lancelin and some of the shires are restrictive on access as well.
    If you are a history buff there is also the remains of a WW11 Radar Station to explore
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-2...-story/7352324
    Last edited by the evil twin; 21st September 2017 at 10:22 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (21st September 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    The trip of Lesueur National Park, Stockyard Gully and take the 4wd track to Lake Indoon is worth it

Lesuer has over 10% of WA's flora species and will be awesome in October.
    If you walk up to the peak (long walk admittedly) apart from the pretties there is usually a heap of Wedgetail Eagles soaring the thermals.
    I've seen a dozen there a few years back which is quite unusual.
    Personally I rate the beaches between Wedge and Grey as the best of that whole section of coast.

Nambung is best at sunset/moonrise (if you haven't visited before).
    For that reason the tickets allow multiple entry and if you get the right timing for a sunset then a full moon rising the pics you can get are awesome

Sandy Cape north of Jurien is prob the best option for sand driving but the country up there doesn't have the big expanses of dunes like Lancelin and some of the shires are restrictive on access as well.
    If you are a history buff there is also the remains of a WW11 Radar Station to explore
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-2...-story/7352324
    That is a comprehensive response ET.
    My wife is now excited as she is a keen photographer and the thought of 'pretties' and moreso wedgetails has won her over.
    Thanks for the detailed info.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc4by View Post
    That is a comprehensive response ET.
    My wife is now excited as she is a keen photographer and the thought of 'pretties' and moreso wedgetails has won her over.
    Thanks for the detailed info.
    My pleasure... Nambung at Sunset, the Beaches and the pretties at Lesueur will mean you may want an extra memory card for the Camera
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.