Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to it - looking at buying another Patrol

Gīday!
    I have been away for a while - live in Iceland now and have been pondering getting another Patrol

The used Patrol market here is quite different to the one in Australia so I am trying to navigate my way through it
    I stumbled across a 2008 street registered car - build date some time in 2007 so it will be a CRD.
    This car sits on 35" tyres, has been lifted some 30mm or so and has a 70L long range tank plus ARB airlocker at front.
    It has only 115k on the clock.
    I havenīt seen the car up close but have had some pictures sent to me and the appearence is good.
    Apparently the fuel pump and injectors were replaced some 20k kms ago due to a bungled head gasket replacement?? but the guy says the car is better than ever after that
    What would have caused a head gasket to blow after only 100k or so?
    There are no signs of intercooler leaks and the engine bay looks reasonably clean and well maintained
    What should I concentrate on inspecting, or be weary of ?
    I will post a couple of photos when I get a chance
    2009 ZD30-CRD Patrol ST Wagon. Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Snorkel, BFG285/70R70, 2" OME Lift, Rear Drawers, UHF, Scangauge, VDO Boost and EGT Gauges in an A-Pillar Pod, More bits

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cold over there could it have frozen and cracked the head ? Nice to hear from you .

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Pretty cold over there could it have frozen and cracked the head ? Nice to hear from you .
    You too mate!
    Yes, the climate isnīt all too kind here at times. We may come back home to Oz before too long
    Anyhow, the car is an early 2007 build (March from memory) so it has the CRD engine
    Were there any important updates or mods to the CRD engine in 2007?
    2009 ZD30-CRD Patrol ST Wagon. Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Snorkel, BFG285/70R70, 2" OME Lift, Rear Drawers, UHF, Scangauge, VDO Boost and EGT Gauges in an A-Pillar Pod, More bits

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look closely under the car for rust or corrosion build up. Dont they put salt on the roads over there to stop ice build up? I did read about this somewhere and the salt wreaks havoc in well hidden spots.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. This car shows no sign of rust in the body and supposedly has been through a rust inspection where it came out favourably.
    Yes, they use salt a lot around Reykjavik and it causes huge damage to cars that havenīt been rust treated