Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine stalling once warm

Hey lads and ladettes,

New the forum so hoping im posting in the correct place,

i have and issue with my patrol that causes it to stall once it warms up, it a 98 tb45e, Theres no coughing, spluttering or shuddering at all, It drives absolutely perfect apart from this little gremlin, best way i can describe it is, if you were driving along and turn your ignition off, sometimes i don't notice the engine has stopped running until i start to slowdown,
    a mate of mine who is a mechanic at Holden suggested the crank angle sensor may have gotten heat shock but its just a guess as he doesn't know to much about Nissan'ssta

so i am wondering if anybody has experienced this type of problem and could point in a better direction of fixing it

any help muchly appreciated
    thanks peeps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pachydermatous View Post
    Hey lads and ladettes,

New the forum so hoping im posting in the correct place,

i have and issue with my patrol that causes it to stall once it warms up, it a 98 tb45e, Theres no coughing, spluttering or shuddering at all, It drives absolutely perfect apart from this little gremlin, best way i can describe it is, if you were driving along and turn your ignition off, sometimes i don't notice the engine has stopped running until i start to slowdown,
    a mate of mine who is a mechanic at Holden suggested the crank angle sensor may have gotten heat shock but its just a guess as he doesn't know to much about Nissan'ssta

so i am wondering if anybody has experienced this type of problem and could point in a better direction of fixing it

any help muchly appreciated
    thanks peeps
    Not getting the above bold letter part when comparing it with the original claimed issue of "engine stalling when warmed up".
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Nissans, but faulty crank position sensors in Hyundai cars cause this exact fault.
    If you can measure the resistance of the sensor & compare to a known good one or have the specification, the faulty one will most likely be high.
    Graham

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of VS / VT era Ecotec commondoors had issues with the crank angle sensor when hot they stop the motor ....
    I used to poor a bottle of water on the sensor and car would start right up. It was a C*** of a thing.
    Maybe try that first

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI