The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Run #3 yesterday, snowed here @ 620m and adjusted boost amongst the falling flakes. Started off Boost max 22psi /18psi cruise and went very well. Would run higher but took note of info re: max 25psi turbo limit). Wound back to a max boost 21psi and 14psi @ 100kph (slight load) ran very well eng seemed to like it and no gauge needle bounce (may close needle a little more). EGTs after eng working for 1hr: idle (700rpm) 200 degC, cruise 14psi @100ks 325 degC and max boost slight load 21psi @110kph 375degC. No limp anytime throughout adjustments.

What do think, Max Boost OK or bring it back (thinking of turbo)?
    Any advice or lessons learnt on high boost levels and their effect on low range work?

Trust you wired up that broken exhaust brkt, thanks for you time mate.
    Seems you on the money there mate. I would leave as is if your happy with how it goes. Now if you want to experiment more, play around with max boost levels and cruise boost level in relation to EGT's. Just to note, say what an extra psi or two at max and also at cruise would do to the EGT's? But I think your on the sweet spot personally.

And my exhaust bracket is just the same, the Patrol hasn't moved since finding it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bidja (28th August 2017)