Boost gauge (VDO mech) installed and set to work today, gauge needle just starts to lifts @ 1400rpm. Before going on, this is what I have been doing to eng over past 3 weeks installed: TIG welded new I/C, 3" Berkley high flow mandrel bend exhaust, EGR plate (fitted at exhaust manifold), Finished VDO gauge install today: Oil Press mech, EGT Pryo (dump pipe), Boost mech. ProVent 200 fitted (info only).

Boost take off is at MAP sensor with short length 4mm hose into T block fitting secured to eng top cover front RH bracket (where the cover no longer resides). One outlet for boost gauge and other currently blocked as this is for Dawes. Thought I would see how eng is running before fitting Dawes and Needle valve purchased from mudski. VDO line restrictor fitted at boost gauge end.

Anyway tonight keen to fire up eng (remained stationary), warmed engine @ idle and No boost reading, increased revs to 1400rpm where the needle just moved (MAP 106kPa), 1700rpm 2psi (MAP 114kPa), 2000rpm 4psi (MAP 120kPa), 2700rpm 10psi (MAP 163kPa), 3000rpm 14psi held revs and noticed that boost dropped gradually to approx 6psi over few seconds. Gave it the stick a bit 3500-4000rpm rapid rise of boost to approx 15 psi and drops away again. EGT @ 18 Deg C and ECT @ 85 Deg nom (info only).

Before current mods, eng would give MAP of say up to 200kPa slight load and normally run 140-180 kPa. Did note after 3" exhaust fitted 2 weeks ago, the MAP would hit 240 kPa but seems to have come back a bit and the Fault code with plate occurred a few days initially but has stayed away since.

Engine done 107,000km owned since new 2008, serviced and all maintenance done myself since 10,000km. Has never been on dyno.

Eng sound good and runs smooth. What do you think some guidance with boost performance would be great? A bit lost at the moment.