Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow trip August

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd the golden horse go Rossco , sure hope you hooked the heater hoses back up .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    How'd the golden horse go Rossco , sure hope you hooked the heater hoses back up .
    Golden horse went great yep heater definatly works nice, certainly need that. . .

A couple of things but all good. Had issues both mornings with the diesel waxing, did put a fair amount of additive in but still had problems with fuel not getting through. Me & phil both had problems and also both had plastic ryco inline fuel filters so looks like they were the culprit.

Also had a couple of death wobble episodes on the road which is never cool. We gave the tie rod & drag link ends a bit of a grease and that fixed it to get home but Panhard rod bushes have a little bit of movement so pretty sure that's the culprit.

Apart from that great was really good to drive the thing again it's certainly better than it's ever been.

Also got some new wiper blades fitted at autobarn on the way up as the ones from the new cab were terrible and couldn't see anything but they're great now ☺

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (21st August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike02Ti View Post
    Serious question here guys. Whats it like driving in snow? Similar to sand or more mid like?
    Just interested because being in WA its highly unlikely i will ever get to driveon or through the stuff.
    Go on you lot you can start laughing now in regards to my question

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Nothing like sand. More like mud but more slippery and cold.
    Nothing really compares.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Nah I don't agree Winnie sorry mate. It is almost identical to driving in heavy sand. Same principles apply. Momentum is king. Wheel spin is the enemy. It sucks power and heavy deep virgin snow is like dry Deep sand. Footprint is king and muddied aren't needed. Big and wide will win the day.

Driving in wheel ruts that are packed down and icy can be very slippery and can compare to mud though and you can have trouble stopping and taking off. In deep snow if you stop you might not take off again. Back and forth in your own wheel ruts will often recover yourself the same as sand too. If you do alot of beach driving you'd love the snow.

Had an awesome weekend gents I will log on with Tappa Nd post some pics.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (23rd August 2017), Mike02Ti (21st August 2017), Rossco (21st August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome weekend. Phil picked a great spot.

Blizzard conditions going in on Friday that magically cleared as we arrived at camp and started again after we went to bed.!!!! Sat under the stars by the fire on Friday night! Awesome.

Woke up Saturday covered in Snow. Clear skies for breakfast.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (23rd August 2017), MB (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017), Rossco (22nd August 2017), Touses (22nd August 2017), Woof (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saturday morning was insane after driving in in trhe dark.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017), Touses (22nd August 2017), Woof (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a great Drive Saturday and found an awesome track that was fully snowed in without any trace of wheel ruts or tracks, just space between trees and deep snow. Was Epic. It must have gone for 10 or 12kms and was glorious.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd August 2017), GQtdauto (21st August 2017), MB (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017), Touses (22nd August 2017), Woof (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tappa won't let me load more than 9 photos at a time??

Epic track

The recovery was pretty nuts. I found myself in the soup. Slop. Thanks gents for all your help. Was a tough gig.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (21st August 2017), MB (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017), Touses (22nd August 2017), Woof (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saturday night the snow again cleared and we had another night by the fire under a clear sky with stars. Was awesome 9 nice again.

Mark might have smashed out the Galliano Hot Shots and we all used the pile of snow beside us as our own private want. Was an Epic night with some great laughs.

Sunday morning we woke again to a cover of fresh powder. What a great weekend away.

This ticked a heap of boxes gents, I was lucky enough to share it with my son and a great bunch of blokes I hope to grow old with. Pleasure gents. Thanks for the memories.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd August 2017), GQtdauto (21st August 2017), MB (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017), Touses (22nd August 2017), Woof (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a heap of fun. I would like to try head out that way one day.
    Im used to driving on sand. I spend pretty much most of my off road time on it. Some of the beaches are stupidly soft and powdery here so would love to try snow at some stage.
    Awesome trip guys . Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2002 GUIII Ti 4.8
    Details here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02Ti For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grouse time had for sure 👍🏼 On the way home Harry kept saying - it was good to see the guys again haha - Harry the veteran camper . Fairly epic drive up in the dark in deep snow & mild blizzard , shame I had to go home on Saturday but was still good . Stubbies , Wild Honey Sting shots ( @AB ) , slurps of Jack Daniels ( @MudRunnerTD ) , Stubbies , Bundaberg black ( @MB ) , Stubbies etc etc certainly kept us warm on the inside 👍🏼 . Feel free to post up any of my pics I sent you guys as I'm still having issues putting pics up .

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sprock For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd August 2017), MB (22nd August 2017), MudRunnerTD (22nd August 2017), PeeBee (22nd August 2017)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast