Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB/OME at Jindalee

Hi all,

Did a search but looking for specific info. I am looking at the 2" +400kg OME suspension upgrade from ARB. My patrol is 90% used to tow either a boat or trailer with Motorbikes plus all camping gear. It also has winch/bar/rack/fridge etc...

1) Is the OME recommended for patrols or are there other combinations highly recommended (kings/lovells etc..)

2) Assuming going with the ARB, has anyone had first hand experience with ARB at Jindalee QLD doing supply and fit? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer too.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend a good quality supply and fit 2" lift in brisbane I'd be keen to check it out.

Thanks,
    Shane

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your vehicle a gq or Gu? I have a gq running 400kg, and boss airbags. Coils are Dobinson's but think you would get a better long term result with the arb coils as my Dobinson's sagged after a short period. Previous arb systems I have had were excellent. No experience with jindalee branch but pretty straight forward swap. With coils that stiff I would recommend coil tower braces as part of the install. And go the bolt in style as the weld in units are more difficult to install, I know because I have weld in braces front and rear coil towers.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 16th August 2017 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the 2 inch & 200 kg OME lift on the rear of my GU for 6 years with no problems. Used to tow a boat on occasion, not much sag at all even when fully loaded. The ride is pretty stiff when not carrying the Engel, water, tucker boxes & nearly no fuel in the tanks even with the rooftopper on. 400 kg might be a bit stiff & uncomfortable when empty.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VK2FMIA View Post
    Had the 2 inch & 200 kg OME lift on the rear of my GU for 6 years with no problems. Used to tow a boat on occasion, not much sag at all even when fully loaded. The ride is pretty stiff when not carrying the Engel, water, tucker boxes & nearly no fuel in the tanks even with the rooftopper on. 400 kg might be a bit stiff & uncomfortable when empty.
    Agree, mine rides ok because its always carrying a heavy static load. the airbags are used more to trim the lean from side to side than for lift, but if you pump them up - I have the triple bags, I can jack the back end up to the point the springs are doing next to nothing, however this makes the vehicle more unstable as the weight is rocking around on the airbag - sort of feels like its wobbling.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info guys. It's a 2016 Y61 GU. Perhaps the +200 will be enough then.

We are heading away for a few weeks coming up, I was thinking of taking some measurements before getting ready (towball, front and rear wheel arches height from ground) then loading up and taking measurements again - just with stock suspension. I know the bike trailer has a towball weight around 100kg and the boat is similar.

I'd just like it to remain level / comfortable for touring and give a bit of extra clearance.

Cheers,
    Shane

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about a set of Boss airbags if you are just looking to 'trim to level' as they do not load up the spring seats ;- they sit between the chassis rail and axle housing.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't go wrong with OME imo. Definatly worth putting in a set of boss tower braces to if your towing unless they're part of the air bag kit.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smyz250 View Post

I'd just like it to remain level / comfortable for touring and give a bit of extra clearance.
    With the 200 kg rear springs in mine it is like having a 4 inch lift at the back. Gave the Trol a nice rake. When fully loaded & towing the boat it sits pretty much level.

Couple of before & after shots for comparison.

Stock suspension with not much of a load.
    IMGP0525.JPG

After 2 inch front/200 kg rear & fully loaded with 60 L Engel, food, water, fuel, rooftopper, awning, carry rack & other gear.
    IMGP4737.JPG
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

Incy (5th April 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics - looks good loaded up.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to measure up stock and loaded up. Stock the rear wheel arch sits at 915mm from the ground, loaded up (camping gear + tinnie + full tanks and kids in the back) it dropped to 850mm. So a 2.5" sag.

Time to upgrade, 2" lift and +200kg rear should be right

Cheers,
    Shane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast