Just picked up a 92 GQ TD42 wagon i did have an old 87 MK SWB which i did love but was to rusty and a thirsty petrol, went to a rough 2000 pajero a big mistake i wont get into that.
But now back in a patrol and love it, i looked for a long time (kinda slim pickings in perth for a GQ TD42) and picked up a 92 GQ TD42 wagon with the silver top, i have read up about the heavy pistons in the early GQs TD42 slightly stronger motor correct me if iam wrong, series 2 so has rear diff lock and a stabilizer come standard or maybie its a TI model?

It has electric windows and central locking i dont really like but will take the good with the bad (worried about electronics failing).
445 thousand on the clock which is a little worry lots of kms but lady owner seems she has looked after it and its set up for touring so long range fuel tank with gas assist, lots of mods and a couple of things like new radiator and clutch have been done. i can get out and do some prospecting

i keep researching and coming back to this web site so must thank everyone for the great info. am now after that PDF manuel

hope i posted this in the right spot

thanks guys

Daniel83