Thread: Chipit chip info on crd

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chipit chip info on crd

Hey recently brought an 08 zd30 gu wagon. Had a chip it chip in it and straight away i noticed overboosting and it stalled on me a few times. Took it out day after buying the car and has been good as gold since. Car has no NADS however monday it goes in for boost and egt guage egr block dawes valve catch can and 3 inch turbo back exhaust. Wondering once i have done this if its worth putting the chip back in and seeing what it does or throwing it into the ocean as initially wanted to do? Thanks. Have pics of chip if needed as doesnt seem to have a model number etc on it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,

Chipit were a really good chip, so don't throw it away yet.

They are programmable with various tunes, and using the standard various tunes that went from mild to wild the idea was to flash in a tune that worked best for your particular vehicle, and one that worked with the level of modification you were prepared to go to ( There were certain tunes that you were meant to replace the fuel pressure relief valve for and they would bump up the fuel pressure above that safety level ) .... I guess you don't have the CD with the various flash tunes on it, as if you did, you could easily solve your issue.

Unfortunately, Chipit are no longer, so someone would need to assist you with the lead and software
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate yeah i cant find anything else regarding the chip. Have been trying to sell it with no luck however research suggests if i could get hold of needed software for the chip it would be easier to manage however when i first brought the car i realised in under a day it really was doing more harm than good.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chipit chips

Quote Originally Posted by mark89 View Post
    Thanks mate yeah i cant find anything else regarding the chip. Have been trying to sell it with no luck however research suggests if i could get hold of needed software for the chip it would be easier to manage however when i first brought the car i realised in under a day it really was doing more harm than good.
    Mate I have had some experience with Chipit Chips I fitted many to customers vehicles , initially they were great, good power and economy gains, however in their last incarnations they became unreliable, pricks to deal with and then went bust in WA, one of the partners started up in I think Sydney under a similar banner ,he is not to be trusted. The best bet is to do a remap of your vehicle, since getting out of Chipit and doing remaps I've never looked back .