Thread: Nissannewby Y62see

Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics out on the sand, very jealous.
    We have a series2 and do a few country trips for work, run 98 most of the time and although it gets up and goes I'm pretty soft on the loud pedal. I know it's there and I have nothing to prove to those that "want to have a go".
    A recent 5 day stint in Bendigo, then down to Hallam all for work saw a calculated 12.08l/100k. Flew past a couple of semis and folk towing horse floats but that was it. While in Bendigo the commute between the motel and work was 3k's. We have a 3.3ton (when loaded up) caravan that has a 280k towball down load in which we use airbags and a wdh. Travelling to 90mile beach thru back of Healesville and Pakenham onto the freeway I got just under 24l/100k however the wife on the way home when she drove got 29.9l/100k and had the tyres chirping at times (go figure). So depends I guess how they're driven. Done some trips down to Geelong and back for work and 12l/100k seems pretty normal, on the way down the range has climbed to a max of 1025k's but that's all downhill I guess.
    A lot of people seem to be concerned with sway etc of their caravans, maybe we've been lucky but I've not experienced anything like that although I did tell myself off when I found myself at an excessive speed without realizing.
    Just my 2c from our experience.
    Cheers BruceR.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bjrow For This Useful Post:

1nando (19th June 2018)