User Tag List

Thread: Wobbly Wing Mirror - GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wobbly Wing Mirror - GU

Ok. So after another 15000k trip around the outback - Birdsville Track Corrugations for the win....

My passenger side wing mirror is wobbly AF. Like enough to make a nasty little rattle while I'm driving on nice roads. My GU is 2015 with power windows.
    The mirror is loose at the point where it folds in - like if you pull it in so as not to have it ripped off by a tree. It wobbles about 5-8mm either way on that point.
    So it's not the actual glass. It's the mirror body itself.

I've done some searching and can't really find anything the same. There is no phillips screw underneath it. Just a small hole. And 2 circular covers that may cover the required screws/bolts. But they are very firmly adhered to the mirror. I could probably remove them with a sharp implement.

Does anyone know how can tighten this bad boy up? Do I need to take the whole shebang off?

I *could* just drive it into Nissan and have it fixed under warranty. But you know - they'll freak when the see all the mods! And If it's easy I'd just as soon do it myself...

Thanks!
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mods have got nothing to do with the mirror coming loose. Worth a try
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Boinzo (26th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally true. But I do like to fix stuff myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Mods have got nothing to do with the mirror coming loose. Worth a try
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boinzo For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (26th July 2017)