Thread: Introduction of jonnyfj

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introduction of jonnyfj

Hi guys & girls, thank you for the add.my name is jonny and im located in sydney . im in the market for a zd30 auto gu series 4+ (pref with a locker) so ill be sifting through the info to see what my best option is with these models any opinions much appreciated as it seems like a big debate.. it will be running at least a 3" lift with 35s minimum on it.

Pervious rigs include..
    Twin locked swb jtop pajero on 33s
    Suzuki siera on 32s
    Gu 4.2 turbo deisel auto (extremely rare) suffered a major engine falure and box wasnt the best either so i let that one die!
    Prado 95 series long travel on 33s
    Current model fj cruiser on 34s,long travel 4" lift all the fruit.. which i loved but was a forced sale..
    Currently in a pa2 challenger on 33s 2inch bodylift 2 inch suspension leaves alot to be desired off road..hence looking for an upgrade..

I have many questions in regard to the engine and its reliability ect i know about the supporting mods.i do enjoy alot of sand driving and flying up big sand hills and rock crawling any issues with temps?? . i tend to flog the crap out of my vehicles and am a bit on the fence with the newer shape patrols..

The vehicles im looking at have around 200k on the clocks..

Also whats the go with everyone sitting on 100kmh on the freeways??? Are they relly that sliggish?? Or is it to keep egts down??

Thank you guys and hope to see you out on the tracks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello mate and welcome to the forum , nice to see a decent intro for a change thanks for that .
    Putting 35"s on a ZD30 imo will give you nothing but trouble , I have the same model GQ that you had with the factory auto and also have a 2002 DI 3.0 which runs ok and might end up with 33"s after I get the bigger motor in but not sure why anyone would want to go 35"s .
    The extra fuel consumption and strain on drive train just not worth it imo .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gq was a behemouth i aquired it off a mate that got it off another mate thats a car dealer that got it as a trade, it was running ok when my mate got it then he abused it instead of maintaining it back to a good state.. then when i got it off him it was too far gone... a shame but was like 7 years ago now..

I do alot of advanced tracks aswell as daily driving for work i do want it to be reliable aswell.. my fj was on 33s and then i lifted it more and put 34s the clearance on 33s was not the best but it would get through once i went 34s it was heaps better no one in the fj club could understand the reason for bigger lift and tired until i waa at the top of something and they had to scull drag up.. so i assume 35s would be best to put on the troll off the bat!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I get you , but be prepared to spend a few $$ .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welcome to the forum.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,771 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard mate, enjoy what the forum has to offer