Thread: Td42 conversion...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Td42 conversion...

Gday my fellow Patrol nutters. After blowing up 2 turbos and now damaging my bottom end in my GU ZD30, I have decided to give it a real heart. The issue that I have now is that my TD42 is missing some vital parts. So now I am chasing a TD42 long motor ( not running is ok ) so I can pilfer the parts I need. So who has what and what are you chasing for it.
    Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, welcome to the forum. What parts are you looking for off a Long Motor?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mudrunnertd, the motor I got has been cannibalized just a bit. I am missing the obvious starter motor, alternator etc which is no big issue but the various nuts and bolts that people have taken off could be hard to work out. (Water pump bolts, brackets and associated nuts and bolts)Also I need an inlet manifold, the gear ring is missing off the injector pump and the nut that holds it on and the cover... etc etc. That us why I'm chasing a blown ling motor. Will be much easier to just take parts from it. I am even missing 1 push rod ? Wtf..