Thread: Clutch booster problems

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch booster problems

Ok I bought a 03 GU not running, just swapped in another engine and replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders.

The whole system has been pressure bled several times and here is where it get strange.

When the engine is running and you step on the clutch it goes to the floor, the clutch is fully disengaged and you can select any gear easily, problem is the clutch won't engage,pedal is stuck on the floor. Now if you disconnect the vacuum line to the clutch booster the clutch works Perfectly, engages / disengages, slave cylinder releases the clutch fork perfectly, no pressure left on it. Select gears smoothly.

So I removed the clutch master cylinder, re-connected the vac line and started the car. I pushed the clutch pedal in then I went under the bonnet and tied to push the rod back into the booster which is in possible. Pull the pedal up manually and the rod only goes in half way and still hard to push the rod in. Anyone how what's going on?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same engine as what came out?
    Does it drive? could be very weak diaphragm springs
    But most likely a stuffed booster had this same issue heaps with brake systems.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recon the reaction disc in the boaster has fallen out. When you changed the master did the push rod in-the boaster come out, even slightly. If it did the reaction disc has most probably fallen out and the boaster needs to be pulled apart to refit it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clutch booster on mine (04) was factory crimped and non-serviceable. I was lucky to find a second hand one, as new replacements are big money.