Thread: injector pump

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

car will not stay at 110km/h, sold to me like this

so as some of you may know, ive just bought my patrol from a second hand car dealer, its been playing up and throwing the 0707 code and none of the mechanics in town could figure out the problem, so we called the dealer and they have sold it to us with a problematic injector pump. The good news is i wont be paying for it, they are covering it all. big relief to say the least but i am still furious as to why they sold it to us like this.
    Last edited by tyler.atkinson; 27th July 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: problem has changed
    young bunnings worker looking to spend my money

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tyler.atkinson For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (19th July 2017), mudski (19th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.atkinson View Post
    so as some of you may know, ive just bought my patrol from a second hand car dealer, its been playing up and throwing the 0707 code and none of the mechanics in town could figure out the problem, so we called the dealer and they have sold it to us with a problematic injector pump. The good news is i wont be paying for it, they are covering it all. big relief to say the least but i am still furious as to why they sold it to us like this.
    0707 is Injection control timing Error from memory. In the cases I have read, a common cause is a bad or blocked fuel filter, air in the fuel system from either a bad bleed after a filter change, dodgy clamps or hoses. But it could also be pointing to other more terminal issues. Great to see the dealer is coughing up...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (19th July 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, we assumed that this is the problem and they are fixing whatever it is, free of charge

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a follow up on this, finally got the car back, they wouldnt tell me what they replaced, and no surprises here, still does not work.
    going 110km/h casually driving along, the car will just slow down, you have to back off to around 80 and then put your foot down again and it comes good, so far it has only done it when driving for a few minutes. anyone know the cause?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your service place is your problem , had similar issues years ago with a Ford car using Ford service care and after about 12 return fixes they eventually fixed it , you need to let them know it's not right , explain what it's doing and most important get them to take it for a test drive while your in the passenger seat .
    That way they can't make excuses when it's playing up with them at the wheel and you watching them .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they have supposedly taken it for drives, the real problem being as it didn't happen the whole drive home. only happened when i went to school the next morning, ive taken it to 2 different places and one said it was the fuel filter and maf and the next place said it was the primer pump?? i didnt know that would cause such issue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intermittent problems are tough sometimes to diagnose properly, if it's under warranty they won't be changing this bit and that bit just wiping the oil off the dipstick and saying problem solved .
    Work out when it plays up the most ie cold , warm or when it warms up to temp , if it only plays up at a certain speed etc etc .
    Then get them to drive the car while your in it like I said it's the only way sometimes to get a problem like this fixed under warranty .