User Tag List

Thread: Coongara Rock and Water Falls.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coongara Rock and Water Falls.

Took a drive towards Biggenden way the other day. I was originally thinking of Coalstoun Lakes, but saw Lords Road with Coongara Rock sign underneath and thought when am I going to be out this way again. Saw a sign saying 4WD only and it wasn`t wrong, as it`s a steep road when it starts and low range was used on the odd occasion to limit wheel spin in certain places. It would be a bit of a challenge when the rain has set in. I took the Falls road to start with and it`s worth a look. There was a bit of rain the previous day, which made the creek trickle a bit of water and I gather there be a bit of water going over when the summer rains come. I took a dip in one of the depression holes in the rock that`s made by the water. The water was quite nice for this time of year and the view was good too. There were a few bird calls ringing out and there was a familiar call that I have heard of before, I think it might`ve been a Currawong, which I googled the bird call and it sounded similar. Took a good part of the day to do, but enjoyed the day out and I`ll have to camp there one day.
    Last edited by Bush Ranger; 11th July 2017 at 06:55 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (11th July 2017), Touses (12th July 2017), TPC (13th September 2017), VK2FMIA (12th July 2017), Woof (11th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whereabouts is it located ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roughly 22 Ks south of Biggenden. Seven of those Ks are done on the Isis Hwy apparently and the other 14 Ks or so are done on Lords Road. It`s in the Mount Walsh NP area.

http://www.southerngreatbarrierreef....coongarra-rock

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (12th July 2017), Touses (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few more Coongara Falls / Rock.

First photo of hills, is on the way in on Lords Rd, second is signage, the third photo is some distance from the edge of the falls and the fourth is of plant life growing in the swirl holes in the rock created by the water.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

Rossco (12th September 2017), Touses (13th September 2017), TPC (13th September 2017), VK2FMIA (13th September 2017), Wine_maker (19th September 2017)