Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlight Upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will find the headlight will still be halogen, HID or Xenon. They have Led parker things etc but I have not seen an actual low or hi beam led headlight either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could be right , I thought the new cars with a black housing & what looks like a Chrystal golf ball in the middle were LED , some of them are super bright intense white light so I assumed LED ,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    & yeah I've seen the LED Parker lights , some are like a rope light looking setup , maybe Audi or BMW , not sure I'll have to take more notice.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    You could be right , I thought the new cars with a black housing & what looks like a Chrystal golf ball in the middle were LED , some of them are super bright intense white light so I assumed LED ,
    That golf ball you see Adam is the Projector lens. It acts like a magnifying glass. So with this and a HID globe, its a no no to be aftermarket fitted here unfortunately. As the vehicles that do have these two combinations fitted from factory have self levelers fitted so the lights will dip downward a little when the car is facing upwards. This stops the blinding effect for oncoming traffic. Not that it helps a lot. Also they should be fitted with washers on the front of the lamp, the washers are supposed to squirt water on the lens to stop the lens from icing up, which will blind even more people.
    The lights I had, were HID with projectors, but no levelers or washers. Plus they weren't ADR approved, so I had to remove them when I had the engineers done.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    That golf ball you see Adam is the Projector lens. It acts like a magnifying glass. So with this and a HID globe, its a no no to be aftermarket fitted here unfortunately. As the vehicles that do have these two combinations fitted from factory have self levelers fitted so the lights will dip downward a little when the car is facing upwards. This stops the blinding effect for oncoming traffic. Not that it helps a lot. Also they should be fitted with washers on the front of the lamp, the washers are supposed to squirt water on the lens to stop the lens from icing up, which will blind even more people.
    The lights I had, were HID with projectors, but no levelers or washers. Plus they weren't ADR approved, so I had to remove them when I had the engineers done.
    Washers are only required for xenon lights. Hid projectors fo not require them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow on from original post---Finally received the LED lamps, and of course the large heat sink/fan housing makes it about impossible to hook up the retaining clips. I have since dropped that project-minus $60. Oh well.
    Maybe I should just upgrade my IPF driving/spot lights.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nowadays, Akarui LED is considered the best as an LED headlight. I also second the OPT7 Fluxbeam H11, but you can also see for some xenon or HID kits in this regard. Here are the best HID kits ( https://bestazy.com/best-hid-kit/ ) that you can replace with your halogen one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12