User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuppa’s Blog

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onya Mister Cuppa and Cuppette, not a bad read.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,405 Times in 2,996 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Great job guys, looks great on 10 inch netbook using firefox.

Love how you have a pic of yourself on your about us page. (its a lovely pic too)

It would be great to have a header pic of the Tvan and patrol pop up the same when you click on the transport section, i know you do have pics of transport, but it took me a while to work out what the hell a Tvan was, or looked even like looked like from outside.

can never have too many pics

Ta. There is a header pic of the Tvan & Patrol when you click on the ‘transport section’. You have to click on ‘Our Mode of Travel’, rather than on one of the sub-headings which appear when you hover over the “our mode of travel’ menu item ...... if you get what I mean.

screenshot_1021.jpg

There will be plenty more pics of the outfit once we get ‘out there’ though. 7 days & counting.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

04OFF (12th July 2017), Wine_maker (12th August 2017)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one Cuppa, I'll be following your journeys with much interest and will be waiting with that cold beer and map when you finally come to NQ.

Quick question, but have you got plans to carry firewood if needed? Looking at your setup I couldn't work out where you'd put it if you had to.

And re your note about when the Mozzies etc. are going ballistic, I've used one of those mesh type gazebo's with great success. Shady Camp in the NT was possibly the worst I've ever experienced and the mesh gave us that area of sanity.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

04OFF (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Ta. There is a header pic of the Tvan & Patrol when you click on the ‘transport section’. You have to click on ‘Our Mode of Travel’, rather than on one of the sub-headings which appear when you hover over the “our mode of travel’ menu item ...... if you get what I mean.

screenshot_1021.jpg

There will be plenty more pics of the outfit once we get ‘out there’ though. 7 days & counting.

Cool, and you carry a park bench around with you as well ? (lol)

That awning/sail thing is awesome, is it custom made or comes with Tvan standard ?

How long from pull up, to set up, like in the pic above ?

Im excited for ya
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    That awning/sail thing is awesome, is it custom made or comes with Tvan standard ?

How long from pull up, to set up, like in the pic above ?
    The sail awning comes with the Tvan. We also have a 'main' awning & the zip on shower 'ensuite'.
    Setting up as in the pic is about 10 minutes. Tent only is 5 minutes.
    We aren't going to take the full awning or the ensuite this time, just the sail awning & the awning we have for the Patrol.
    Expecting our overnight default to be no tent, no awning, just the fly mesh which fits around the rear of the van - set up is about 30 seconds. Lift up door, attach flt mesh & you're done. Door can stay open, or be shut if weather is rough.
    I don't have any pics with the ensuite or fly mesh only set up. But this is the main awning (can be fully enclosed, but we dont have all the canvas to do that). We've only ever put it up twice & took around 30 minutes, but this process would become a fair bit quicker with familiarity. Ensuite zips onto the other side of the tent.

IMG_7593.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    Good one Cuppa, I'll be following your journeys with much interest and will be waiting with that cold beer and map when you finally come to NQ.

Quick question, but have you got plans to carry firewood if needed? Looking at your setup I couldn't work out where you'd put it if you had to.
    Looking forward to it!

There is a fold down firewood shelf on the Tvan's door. Not especially 'beefy' but enough to carry a night or two's wood, maybe more if carried vertically & tied onto the door. Potentially the two Redback wheel bags could be utilised too.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (13th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the most exciting of tasks but it had to be done.

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2017/07/13/packing/

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Touses (14th July 2017), TPC (14th July 2017), Woof (15th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,986 Times in 3,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Not the most exciting of tasks but it had to be done.

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2017/07/13/packing/
    I am just compiling a list of all the essential things you have forgotten, its a really big list so I hope you can fit them in.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Winnie (14th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I am just compiling a list of all the essential things you have forgotten, its a really big list so I hope you can fit them in.
    No TPC he can't fit you and your alcohol in .

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th July 2017), Plasnart (14th July 2017), TPC (14th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow cuppa thats a lot of stuff....
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast