OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A must read to seriously make your day!!!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A must read to seriously make your day!!!

So I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of or dealt with a company called Brett's Truck Parts. I haven't but are well aware of this mob.

Check out their Google reviews first.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bret...client=gws-wiz

Then check our "Tyre kicker club" on their website. Absolute gold!

http://www.brettstruck.com.au/g/1263...kers-club.html

Enjoy!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

jack (29th June 2023), jay see (29th June 2023), mudnut (29th June 2023), Plasnart (29th June 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Brett's is ace. Have used them in the past to source parts for our old Canter.
    Helpful, easy to deal with.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A must read to seriously make your day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Touses View Post
    Yeah, Brett's is ace. Have used them in the past to source parts for our old Canter.
    Helpful, easy to deal with.
    Did you read their reviews? Who would want to deal with them?
    But their responses to the reviews are absolute priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

That last one is epic, loved it.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post

Read the reviews, a bit each way. Never had a problem with them myself.
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That’s how all businesses should reply to negative reviews. So much damage caused to businesses by vindictive google reviews/social media it’s absolute bullshit how anonymous people can gang up and ruin a hard working small business. Good on Brett’s for outing these wankers.

There was a restaurant in Perth last week told all vegans to F.O. because they got ganged up on by vegans all and sundry after one vegan made one complaint.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to run a business that is vulnerable to anonymous reviews. Those anonymous weak fkcers would not have the skill or balls to go out and have a crack themselves.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    That’s how all businesses should reply to negative reviews. So much damage caused to businesses by vindictive google reviews/social media it’s absolute bullshit how anonymous people can gang up and ruin a hard working small business. Good on Brett’s for outing these wankers.

There was a restaurant in Perth last week told all vegans to F.O. because they got ganged up on by vegans all and sundry after one vegan made one complaint.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to run a business that is vulnerable to anonymous reviews. Those anonymous weak fkcers would not have the skill or balls to go out and have a crack themselves.
    While I kind of agree with you, I've been in the same industry as these guys for 30 years now, and ran a successful business myself for 7 of them, and have dealt with knuckle heads same as this and worse. While I feel like telling them to fuck off, I don't. Its just bad for business. I'm here to make money for me and for the company, and more money when the customer returns. I'd rather smile and take their money in the hope they return to spend more money. What this guy is doing is literally saying is go spend your money elsewhere.

But anyway, on a good note. His responses are priceless and a great read.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Rossco (30th June 2023)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Like this one? vegans.jpeg
    - 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (3rd July 2023), Fingers in Aus (29th July 2023), jack (30th June 2023), PeeBee (1st July 2023), Plasnart (30th June 2023), Rossco (30th June 2023), Touses (30th June 2023)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened to me recently flying Jetstar Melb to Townsville - if it wasn't done on the basis of ensuring safety it would be quite Bad. The actors - ME, and Spiro the Greek Non compliant ex Xray baggage inspector - very heavy greek accent.

I fly with a backpack that contains more crap than a non testicle bearing human - must be gender sensitive now. Some for direct need, some out of laziness and some out of a torment to the Xray scanner person him/ her /he/ she/ unsure sure they are changing - unsure into what

1) present bag to xray scanner and it gets singled out
    2) Spiro grabs bag and without looking at the xray pronounces in a loud voice, 'well what have you got in your bag mateeee?
    3) what I have to list what is in the bag?
    4) Maaate, are youse carrying booolitttssss (bullets translation)?
    5) no I reply
    6) Are youse sure maate, I am getting very nervous maaate, there is boooolitttsssss inside this bag Mate
    7) there are no bullets in the bag
    8) arze youse carrying a gun maaaattteee in da bag with da booolitttsss?
    9) no mate, not today - first mistake on my part
    10) maaattte I am gettinnng very nervusss and a bit frightenened maaaatee that there are boolittzs and a gun in this bag maaate
    11) I have just told you no bullets and no gun
    12) where eggactley maate are the bullets maate and the gun?
    13) no idea because they are not in the bag- second mistake
    14) ohhh maaate I am getting vuurrrrry frightened now, hey you too come over he he signals to some of his equally intelligent workmates - 'What do ya fink this stufff is?
    15) aaaahhhh maybe some lidddllee batteries, number 2 states, maybe screws - naaaaah Spiro now pronounces in a higher volume - Naaaah I fink it is booolllitttts, and there might be a gun in here as well
    16) By now I am smiling and laughing and the crowd is starting to form,
    17) Sprio then again asks 'where egggacterlatly are the bulllllootts and da gun maaate? Where in daaaa bag maaate?
    18) Unsure where you should start to look mate - third mistake
    19) weellll maaate I am getting vurrrrry vurrry nervous maaateee, I might have to get da police maaate - you need to help me maaate
    20) I cant give you the help you actually need mate - just open the fucking bag so I can get on the plane - fourth mistake
    21) what you mean, you not gunna help me to find the buuullllitttz? - hey you, go get da polize man ober dere
    22) Crowd getting bigger
    23) Again maaaate, where is da bulllllettzs
    24) helper no 2 says to Spiro, just open the fuckin' bag spiro , I want to go to the toilet.
    25) Spiro yells at No 2 - donnnnn ya talk to me like dat, respectful maaaate thats what we have to be, turning back to me he repeats, respectful maaate
    26) What do you define as resptful, for fuck sake I will open the bag - mistake number 4
    27) donnne ya touch da bag maaate, there are booolitttzz and a gun inthe bag and tha cops are on da way - crowd now starts to back up a bit
    28) OK, whatever, get a robot and the bomb squad out here for all I care - mistake number 5
    29) ohhhh maaaateeee, yous saying ya have a bomb in da bag as well? I am getting vuurrrry fucking nervous maaaate
    30) Open the bag ya goose I am going to miss my plane.
    31) Federal police arrive - whats going on?
    32) I jump in - the xray machine has detected something that this genius interprets as bullets and also an imaginery gun and an imaginery bomb. There is none of these in the bag, but he is very frightened and wont open the bag to confirm. I offered to open the bag but he wont accept that either.
    33) Plod looks at Spiro and Spiro blurts out, I am vurrrryyyy nervous maaate - he has booolllitttz and a gun and bomb in da bag and I am scaredmaaate
    34) Plod looks back at me and at Spiro, and at the now building crowd - then asks me - are you carrying any of the items they claim - No I answer
    35) Plod 2 then asks if its ok if he can look at the xray screen
    36) Plod 2 asks Plod 1 to open the top zip to conduct a search - Spiro says I am vurrry worry maaaate
    37) Plod 1 asks me for permission which I give to search the bag
    38) unzips and starts to empty the bags into the tray, and straight away finds a small screw driver set, for reading glasses, minature size
    39) Plod 1 says maybe this is what it is? Put the bag back thru the scanner
    40) toolkit does not show up so the PlODs conclude this is the bullittzs.
    41) Plod turns to Spiro, states, I think this is resolved - you ok?
    42) ooohhhh maaaate I fink I needsszs a break maaate mate, I am so frightened and worried maaaattttezs, Fank youse fo coming maaate
    43) Plod 1 turns to me and says can we have a chat?
    44) I gather my bag up and Plod 1 says, Sorry mate, this guy is a lunatic, sick of coming over here for false alarms - always him - maybe try and choose a different scan line next time. Have a good day

This is as accurate as I can recall, total balls up, thought I was in a comedy sketch at one point.

Anyway, these tools have been in the bag for 9 months never picked up before with dozens of scans, but lucky we have resources protecting us that can convert images into potential weapons anyway. Gold Star and chocolate frog in the mail to Spiro.

So, dont travel with anything resembling a tool in future, but you might be able to take your pet octopus as long as it does not look like a cluster bomb.

Happy travels my friends. ( the names of the persons in this report have been changed to protect the stupid.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 1st July 2023 at 06:48 AM.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (1st July 2023), Fingers in Aus (29th July 2023), MB (28th July 2023), mudnut (1st July 2023), mudski (2nd July 2023), pearcey (1st July 2023), Plasnart (1st July 2023), Rossco (1st July 2023), Touses (1st July 2023), Winnie (1st July 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fly in fly out. Sounds so simple when you put it like that. From your recent flying adventures: Cut power, lost luggage, changed flights, Spiro and also a card that got canned because of a minimal purchase... Combine that with life on site, write a book, it might sell well in the comedy section.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (1st July 2023)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast