Thread: Cuppa’s Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two things to note in this episode Cuppa:

1. Made me laugh when you said how much better Hobart is the second time around, when you know where you're going! First time I was there I couldn't wait to get out. Bloody hated the place. Now? Love the joint! Understanding the one-way street system is the secret to happiness there! Great place.

2. Damn you....damn you to hell....Cuppa.....with your write up of Bruny Island. I've still gotta work for a living in this game they call "normal life" for a few years yet mate, and the idyllic picture you painted of South Bruny, a place I've long wanted to visit, does not make my life any easier!

But thanks anyway, really enjoyed that one!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    2. Damn you....damn you to hell....Cuppa.....with your write up of Bruny Island. I've still gotta work for a living in this game they call "normal life" for a few years yet mate, and the idyllic picture you painted of South Bruny, a place I've long wanted to visit, does not make my life any easier!

But thanks anyway, really enjoyed that one!
    I rang him up today to ask him when he’s moving there.
    To say he likes the place is a mighty understatement.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (5th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (25th March 2018), Plasnart (19th February 2018), Touses (19th February 2018), Wine_maker (19th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,002 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Cuppa, great read as usual. I've got the same "yawning rock" photo at Sleepy Bay from our trip down there a few years ago. Lovely place! Need to get back again!!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (20th February 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We find places to love on Tassie's East Coast

http://cuppa500.com/Blog/2018/03/05/east-coast/

DSC04468.jpg

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

FNQGU (7th May 2018), MB (25th March 2018), Plasnart (5th March 2018), Touses (5th March 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (25th March 2018), MB (25th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome read as always thankyou Cuppa mate!
    6,500 clicks around Tassie is a huge effort and no doubt at least 1,500 clicks of your poor knee mate! Rest well at home for now and hit the mainland straight highways after surgery best success wishes, keep on trucking good team :-) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing set in stone but here is our (very) rough/approximate plan for the next year or three. It'll be interesting to look back & see how much & how closely we followed it.

Planning is under way for the first leg which should see us in Broome later this year, hopefully for the Wet if it works out. It's a bit of a gamble that we'll find a suitable place to stay up there, (living in the Tvan during the Wet is not an option) but we feel our best chance of finding a place will be if we are up there. If it doesn't come off we'll head somewhere south & return to the Kimberley early the following season.

Applied for the transit permits today. Just 3 needed - 2 for the Gary junction Rd (NT & WA sections) & the Haasts Bluff back road from Glen Helen to Papunya. All going well this leg will take us up the Oodnadatta track & then on to Mt Dare, Finke, Chambers Pillar, Hugh River & the Painted Desert before reaching Alice Springs. From Alice along the Larapinta Drive to Palm Valley, Boggy Hole & Hermansberg before cutting up to Papunya & the Gary Junction Road to Gary Junction. Then south on the Gary Highway to Windy Corner were we hang a right onto the Talawana track, following it to where it crosses the Canning Stock Route at Georgia Bore, & then on to Parngurr before cutting North through Karlamilyi (Rudall River) NP, exiting to the Telfer Mine & on to Carawine Gorge & Nullagine via the interestingly named Skull Springs Rd. Somewhere around there I expect we might be ecstatic to see bitumen again to take us down to Newman & further south until we hang a right again a little below the Collier Ranges NP (which we will enquire about access there - all a bit mysterious - the only account I can fnd about the CR NP is a brief one by Ron & Viv Moon which gives little away) en route to Mt Augustus NP, Kennedy Ranges NP, Gascoyne Junction & on to the Coast around Carnarvon. After that a trundle up the highway to Broome with a few side trips to the coast & inland to Milstream Chichester NP/Marble bar etc.

screenshot_1091.jpg

Anyone interested in this sort of desert country travelling might enjoy looking at our friend's blog. They are currently limping into Newman after covering over 1000kms in their self built Canter based expedition truck, having given Karlamilyi a miss due to having broken a main rear leaf spring on the Sandy Blight Junction Rd (runs north south between Docker River on the Great Central Rd & Kintore on the Gary Junction Rd).

They are very experienced travellers as you will see. Their current trip is at the bottom of the page. http://www.epicycles.com/

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (28th April 2018), FNQGU (7th May 2018), GQtdauto (27th April 2018), jack (27th April 2018), MB (27th April 2018), TPC (28th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to stop at Farina Cuppa ,great spot for an overnighter or just to fill up on the goodies available at the bakery .

Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe upcoming travels Cuppa Family! Great inspiration Ali & Julian!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast