Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dual power

Hi guys
    Need recomendations on a new project...
    Currently everything electrical is run off my start batteries. Inverter, lights, fridge, accerssories etc etc. I'm wanting to move all the domestic and non essential load off the start batteries onto a domestic power bank. Trouble is in NZ (Kiwi here our patrols are 24v, but the vast majority of everything electrical is 12v. Except my driving lights and instrument cluster. I have to run a 12v reducer for my stereo and everything else.
    Ive been getting dangerously close to dead batteries in a 24v automatic diesel, and over here those are hard to jump start unless you have another patrol or big rig around to help.

So my idea was to set up a domestic 24v system along side the starting batteries, with a isolator between the two systems for charging purposes, and then a decent reducer for the accessories. This way I only have one voltage I need to charge.
    The other option is to set up a 12v power bank for the accessories, which would be easier, I just don't know how I would charge it.

nothing i can do about the 24v factory system though cause the auto runs 24v through the computer and the solenoids.
    1992 Nissan Safari Granroad LWB TD42 after market turbo RE4R03A (for now) 3" straight pipe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One solution of several would be....
    Bosch and Delco and probably a few others make a "Series Parallel" switch which would allow you to run your domestic batteries as 12 volt and switch to 24 for emerg start.
    http://www.genr8.net.au/uploads/file/47.pdf
    BCL and probably others make a 24 volt powered 12volt charger
    http://www.gsl.com.au/tl_files/pdf-a...BC2412%27s.pdf
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

tuckertrucker (5th July 2017)