User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adelaide to Karijini Nat Park

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuppa. Just looking at those distances Google has given you. I think they might be a bit out mate. Nearly 6000km along the Nullarbor. I reckon it's more like 3500km that way. And the Uluru way about 300 to 400 shorter. Don't know what Google's doing to you mate.
    But I do think the inland way as you suggested is the way to go
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Via Uluru/Laverton is longer in distance by about 4 to 500K's than via the Nullarbor/Kalgoorlie and much longer in time by at least a day and a half driving time assuming you don't drive at night and take the shortest route thru outback WA via Leinster and Wiluna to the Great Northern at Meekatharra.

You will be travelling in the shorter days of the year and the overnight stops along the Great Central determine how far to push
    There are some long stretches of pretty average gravel roads and no major service centres going that way as well.

IMHO the decision depends how much time you have available for the trip
    Last edited by the evil twin; 2nd July 2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Chubba (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google wrong! What gives? Isn't everything on the interweb true & factual? Ok I didn't check & just accepted what Mr Google told me.
    ET knows WA.
    I'd still go that way though, maybe go one way, come back another?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Chubba (2nd July 2017), the evil twin (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Google wrong! What gives? Isn't everything on the interweb true & factual? Ok I didn't check & just accepted what Mr Google told me.
    ET knows WA.
    I think it might have been user error Cuppa.

Karijini.JPG

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    snip...
    Go West to East on the Great Central... saves having to pay the Uluru Entrance Fee

Personally the Great Central Road is 'once per Trip' option for me and West to East works 'cause time doesn't matter.
    Later I usually have developed a case of 'Gethomeitis' towards the end of a trip so the bitumen is then attractive.

People from over East I would accept the reverse is maybe better.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 2nd July 2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I think it might have been user error Cuppa.

Karijini.JPG
    Huh? Howdjadothat?

Ok I just re-did it & got the same as you. What could I have done wrong first time around? Weird!

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? Howdjadothat?

Ok I just re-did it & got the same as you. What could I have done wrong first time around? Weird!
    If you had a few intermediate destinations you may have had it backtrack in the middle by having the destinations out of order.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Go West to East on the Great Central... saves having to pay the Uluru Entrance Fee
    Isn't it the same going west, but with the requirement that you show a transit permit for the road (no cost) at the toll booth, to 'prove' you are doing what you say you are doing?

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    If you had a few intermediate destinations you may have had it backtrack in the middle by having the destinations out of order.
    Ah, Yup that's a possibility. Doh!

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're idea is Valid Cuppa even if Google sold you short , I thought you needed a permit to travel past Uluru no matter which way you go east or west .
    Some amazing places , rockholes etc past the rock heading west and if you have a metal detector I could waste two weeks on this route alone .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

Chubba (2nd July 2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast