User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adelaide to Karijini Nat Park

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-5 nights will be enough to spend in Karrajini. You'll do all the major gorge walks in 3 days. Another option to consider is to head up to Coober Pedy and come across the Anne Beadell. The Anne Beadell was graded last year in the roughest sections around Emu airfield, so it should be a reasonable run and if in a hurry, 3 nights will cover the AB. I'll be heading over the AB enroute to Fraser Island etc in late August. I think the drive through the Great Victoria desert section and the red dunes is simply awesome country.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

Chubba (3rd July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Via Uluru/Laverton is longer in distance by about 4 to 500K's than via the Nullarbor/Kalgoorlie and much longer in time by at least a day...........

IMHO the decision depends how much time you have available for the trip
    Yes evil. As with all of us time is always a factor, we all try to squeeze as much as we can in whether it's a weekend or six months. Karijili is the whole point of the trip so 5 or so nights in that immediate area leaving three weeks max to play with there and back. Taking to fastest route over the Nullarbor 3 to 4 days each way another week leaving a week to play with I spose..
    Last edited by Chubba; 3rd July 2017 at 09:09 AM.
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice you're on dual fuel. Plan/budget your re-fuelling well if you rely on LPG for range.
    LPG out this way is $$$$...
    Choice of $1.09 or $1.16 per litre here today. Not sure of cost or availability further north. I've just tried checking the LPG price on the Fuelwatch website for both Leonora and Meekatharra, and no prices listed - might indicate it's not even available.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleFrosty For This Useful Post:

Chubba (3rd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree ^^^^ .... my dual fueler (a TB42) I used to carry 3 to 4 Jerries of Fuel when touring.

As I mentioned in post #10 LPG availability is an issue and non existent in outback WA.
    Today, LPG is $1.30 ish at Karratha and $1.00 to $1.20 ish at the major regionals in the south west like Geraldton or Kalgoorlie etc.

Elsewhere it is non-existent or 'waiting for a delivery' or if available in minor coastals like Exmouth $1.40
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LPG is one of the factors that I need to consider on any of my trips. Doing the fuel research for a trip is essential. With the tanks full I'll get 900ks (high range) after LPG has gone I'll need ULP every 600ks after that. If the longest stretch is around 900ks without fuel I'm fine. Any more than that I have to rethink things. As for the price, well I just have to pay it.
    98' Ti, 4.5L, 2" lift, factory rear diff lock with front E-locker, 63% reduction gears
    "GO YOU CROWS"

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You will probably have 2000 K's without LPG thru the guts or more depending which way you go at the WA end.
    The biggest stretch between ULP fuel is 305 K's
    I would suggest topping off at every stop except Docker River

Note that the fuel outlets on the Great Central only operate on a 9 to 5 basis and may charge a significant fee to open pumps outside those times.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Chubba (4th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    You will probably have 2000 K's without LPG thru the guts or more depending which way you go at the WA end.
    The biggest stretch between ULP fuel is 305 K's
    I would suggest topping off at every stop except Docker River

Note that the fuel outlets on the Great Central only operate on a 9 to 5 basis and may charge a significant fee to open pumps outside those times.
    Back in the 80's on a work trip I got caught out by a closed service station that I thought would be open, was looking like we were going to have to sleep in the car but ended up going into the first farm we came across and buying some fuel from the farmer.
    I am much more careful these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123