OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PHOTOBUCKET users please be aware !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    It might not be such a smart idea to delete everything already. If the backlash is as big as some think it could be, they might reverse their decision. Deleted photos on their site ruin the thread permanently.
    While on most accounts , and a wise person would agree, you are 100% correct, and yes this is probly what i "should do".

But im sorry, i am angry, so my view is ........F@#K those C&*Ts, i don't want want a bar of there site, even if it returns to the way it was, they deserve to lay in the bed they have made for them selves, should that bed catch fire , i shall be not be willing to supply the steam off my urine to help put out that fire, may they burn in hell........

Of course, if they want to pay me $399, ill be more than happy to piss all over them
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd July 2017), mudski (3rd July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys can still go into your PB accounts and download all of your photos still yeah?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could and have done yes
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok...give me this week to research. There might be a way solve this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I've just checked mine and it still works on a few forums I've linked to however I'm suspicious that's due to other option. (mirror remote images on forum as well) I also suspect that me being very low user this policy applies to the individuals with rather large collections.

I guess following applies ==> Storage Vs Bandwidth What s The Difference-

So these people have realized that via 3rd party they don't get any advertising revenue plus it costs them the bandwidth, they don't want to subsidise 3rd party advertising business I suppose. I'm not defending Photobucket at all but it is just there is a lot of hidden cost running web service where money gouging is phenomenal between the networks providers and web services operators of which many users are blissfully unaware when browsing websites or use a service and it looks like Photobucket's revenue model has fallen to such low levels they can't absorb the costs of providing a free service based on advertising alone.

In any case I have zero sympathy towards these pigs (apologies to porkies) I rarely use these services anyway because the simple: "if you are not paying for a product you are the product". I'm not shedding any tears for sure if Photobucket disappears... although I much prefer it happened to G$$gle or Fakebook but those crims are just too big now.

Imguir is another service which will go down eventually as many investors are questioning its value as the service has not figured out how to monetize the product....

Regards

Edit: I have deleted the account on there too so apologies for ruined posts. Anyway as a side not I had to disable all the adblockers and trackers protection to be able to delete the account and the amount of advertising I have been subjected to during that process OMFG!!! Never ever again!
    Last edited by Rumcajs; 2nd July 2017 at 12:07 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rumcajs For This Useful Post:

Clunk (2nd July 2017), the evil twin (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pretty much agree ^^^^^

All angst aside, realistically this issue is in two parts.
    PB act as a storeage for your pics so you can access them from any device, any time, anywhere for free.
    Up until now PB also 'hotlinked' your images to any other source (forums, blogs, auction sites etc) for free.
    Photobucket, doesn't get tangible benefit from users hotlinking images, only a ginormous bandwidth useage fee.

Storeage uses memory which is a relatively cheap overhead.
    Hotlinking uses bandwidth which is a hideously expensive overhead and access to the stored pics of, say, a Blogger or Auction House must be huge.

PB used to cover costs by home site advertising and cannot afford to do so any longer.
    PB will still host and store for free for you.
    PB will no longer hotlink which is a great expense to them (relatively speaking) but free to everyone else to monetise as they see fit.

The manner and speed PB have addressed the issue is pretty average and blowed if I can see $400 in it.

Do I see that PB cannot stay the way the model currently is, yes

Will other sites go the same way, yes, unless they can monetise the images to cover bandwidth.
    How soon will other sites do that?... pretty bloody fast as all the bloggers etc depart from PB and chews up the other hosting sites bandwidth.

Bottom line is PB are still willing to host and let you access your pics for free, they just want a share of the cabbage that 3rd parties are making from the pics and, again, yes, IMHO $400 seems totally unrealistic to me.
    Last edited by the evil twin; 2nd July 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Rumcajs (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the doing it without warning & retrospectively which stinks. Either a very cynical move with the hope of creating sufficient anxiety to get folk to shell out the unreasonable $400 a year or a poorly considered ignorant/arrogant move by out of touch folks. Process is so important & I reckon they may have miscalculated .......... unless it is a last ditch effort to stay afloat, but even then a different approach could have garnered a lot more support.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget Photobucket could also use your images royalty free, selling photo books, framed prints etc to third parties, this is the main reason i chose to delete my account, rather than leave my pics there for them to use, as i am now getting nothing from the partnership deal they made, so shall they get nothing from me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (2nd July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Don't forget Photobucket could also use your images royalty free, selling photo books, framed prints etc to third parties, this is the main reason i chose to delete my account, rather than leave my pics there for them to use, as i am now getting nothing from the partnership deal they made, so shall they get nothing from me.

I'm sure Steve they still have all your images stored on a backup server still using your images as much as they like royalty free
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, well ive changed my "terms of use" , hope i don't find them using any of my intellectual property (now without permission), i can't see it being a big problem really, as Photobucket will surely "kick the bucket" pretty soon anyway

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast