OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PHOTOBUCKET users please be aware !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry PHOTOBUCKET users please be aware !

So........ Photobucket ,where for over 10 years ive been putting photos that you guys see here, have now decided to change there "terms of use".

Long story short, if i (or anyone), wishes to continue any third party hosting of pics (upload pic to photobucket, then link so they can be seen on a web site) any users still wanting this function (that we have used for years and is the WHOLE POINT of the site) we will now have to pay $399 a year.

No ,i did not miss a decimal point , just short of four hundred dollars

I just spend the day downloading what i can from the site and deleted my account.

They asked (computer generated) why i am deleting, this is a cut and paste of what i wrote....

Your new terms of service ,ensure the whole point of ever using your site, is now 100% unrealistically NON affordable.

Extortion is illegal in my country, and what goes around , comes around, it will be interesting to see if Photobucket is still around in 5 years ?

I hope the ultimate demise of Photobucket, will for a years to come, serve as a reminder to others, on how NOT to treat people if you want to stay in business.

This pretty much wrecks anY thread i (and others) have ever posted a pic on, i will do my best to salvage my pic thread (04off pics) but this will take ages.

Im sure the rest of the world will be sending photobucket a clear message real soon.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (1st July 2017), Bob (1st July 2017), GQtdauto (1st July 2017), jack (1st July 2017), katwoman (1st July 2017), mudnut (2nd July 2017), MudRunnerTD (1st July 2017), mudski (3rd July 2017), Sherro (4th July 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    So........ Photobucket ,where for over 10 years ive been putting photos that you guys see here, have now decided to change there "terms of use".

Long story short, if i (or anyone), wishes to continue any third party hosting of pics (upload pic to photobucket, then link so they can be seen on a web site) any users still wanting this function (that we have used for years and is the WHOLE POINT of the site) we will now have to pay $399 a year.

No ,i did not miss a decimal point , just short of four hundred dollars

I just spend the day downloading what i can from the site and deleted my account.

They asked (computer generated) why i am deleting, this is a cut and paste of what i wrote....

Your new terms of service ,ensure the whole point of ever using your site, is now 100% unrealistically NON affordable.

Extortion is illegal in my country, and what goes around , comes around, it will be interesting to see if Photobucket is still around in 5 years ?

I hope the ultimate demise of Photobucket, will for a years to come, serve as a reminder to others, on how NOT to treat people if you want to stay in business.

This pretty much wrecks anY thread i (and others) have ever posted a pic on, i will do my best to salvage my pic thread (04off pics) but this will take ages.

Im sure the rest of the world will be sending photobucket a clear message real soon.
    I have not used Photobucket much as I found Flickr easier but I have been trying to log on to do the same thing but cannot get on.
    I think the mass exodus has started.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, I only found out today when a mate rung me, we are chatting about it on below link but an absolute disaster for online forums.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-party-hosting

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh im exhausted now after a full day, not what i needed this weekend.

My biggest problem was ive had 2 computers die over recent times taking pics with them, photobucket still had some pics i no longer have (in lower res), but i thought no worries, they are safe.

Im not against someone making money, but from zero to $399 a year .....WTF !

Anyway, im not sure what to do now about hosting or the forums ive got pics, this forum is really the only one that had all the good ones and was pretty up to date, to tired to think about it all now, but if you have any suggestions on my pic thread Andy please let me know ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (1st July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might not be such a smart idea to delete everything already. If the backlash is as big as some think it could be, they might reverse their decision. Deleted photos on their site ruin the thread permanently.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you access the photos yourself in your own PB account on their site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't worry I'm thinking and researching any cracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. I rarely use PB now with Tappa but damn thwre is a huge body of input here from me hosted in PB. I can't believe it. I also will be trying to rebuild threads but it will take an extraordinary amount of time via tapatalk.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I must have missed all the discussion about this.
    This is disastrous! Obviously they were anticipating this kind of backlash and impact and didn't make the decision lightly. The only real justification was that it was costing them money to run the website and this is their last ditch effort to recoup some costs.
    I imagine there would be some big corporates out there that would have no hesitation in paying $400 to recover some images.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I feel your pain. I rarely use PB now with Tappa but damn thwre is a huge body of input here from me hosted in PB. I can't believe it. I also will be trying to rebuild threads but it will take an extraordinary amount of time via tapatalk.
    I can believe it and who's 2 say tapatalk don't do the same or any other 3rd party storage? Storage 2 the forum is your best bet

I have and will never rely on 3rd party software when it comes 2 images on forums and will never rely solely on forums 2 keep an important information not that I have much.....

Its like living in a fire prone area and storing your backups on a HDD in your house that just burnt down
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast