User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noisier motor / innjector pump after some 4x4-ing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all. I'm taking this thread back out from underneath the ice.
    The motor has been running like shit last 2-3 days and feels like it's getting worse daily.
    So in the morning after glow light goes out she starts first crank every time it has always done that. After she starts, she runs very very rough on normal idle. It's difficult to describe "rough" , but it's like it's skipping injections on some cylynders or something. And it doesnt go away even after warming up.
    When I lug it up to 100km/h on the ring road (some may joke about doing 100km/h on the ring road as impossible? lol), she seems not to have the power she usually has.
    Fuel filter is replaced. Fresh batch of diesel. All oils are fine. NO leaks etc. The old girl has done 185k on the clock and never skipped a beat.
    Is she due for a new set of 'jectors ?
    Any ideas would be welcome.
    Garry
    2004 Y61 TD4.2TI Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sucking air or have air in the pump or lines ?
    Funny thing is mine was doing that and my mechanic said glow plugs but it still did it afterwards , after I replaced the leaking O rings the problem has stopped .
    But my intake manifold was leaking and the turbo to manifold was also leaking but is now sealed , also I did give it a bloody good prime and bleed .
    I hear what you say about power mine was down as well .

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day GDB mate. Mrs MB dropped off our near 400,00km 4.2TD family truckster into PatrolApart on Monday for injectors and the blokes also found the 'seats' weren't too good. Don't personally know too much about these removable 'seats' but are having them delivered and replaced tomorrow quickly as apparently even new injectors would have allowed compression to pass by. Reckon we've dropped from a stockish 95rwkw over the last 6 months down to at a best guess 80rwkw but haven't had rough running as you're unfortunately experiencing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify my rough running disappeared when it warmed up .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the gauze filter which is under the banjo fitting (inlet) on the pump. See if its blocked up. First placed I'd look.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it blowing more smoke?

Unplug the connector on the bottom of the pump and see if it makes a difference. After you have checked for air ingress and if there is a gauze on the inlet.

Have you checked the air cleaner?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Is it blowing more smoke?

Unplug the connector on the bottom of the pump and see if it makes a difference. After you have checked for air ingress and if there is a gauze on the inlet.

Have you checked the air cleaner?
    Kudos to you mate. Cheers for the reply.
    Air filter is clean / new. New oils etc. Its not blowing smoke . Bit of smoke when it starts up, the initial puff but thats about it. And also, before this issue, under heavy foot it'll be a Thomas the Patrol engine.
    I don't understand when you said air ingress? I'm assuming youre talking about air being sucked into the lines mixing it with diesle? I'm afraid thats beyond my mechanical checking knowledge. the pump is something i dont want to mess with as it seems intricate and considering how much issues ive had with the stupid NATS connector underneath it, the last thing i want to do is tamper with the pump. Might just take it to someone in the know. I got poitned to Dieseltec up north so might tow it up there and get it analyzed.
    Garry
    2004 Y61 TD4.2TI Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be anything then , including the pump but yeah don't mess with those suckers and even if there was something wrong it's easier and quicker to let an expert look at it .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    G'day GDB mate. Mrs MB dropped off our near 400,00km 4.2TD family truckster into PatrolApart on Monday for injectors and the blokes also found the 'seats' weren't too good. Don't personally know too much about these removable 'seats' but are having them delivered and replaced tomorrow quickly as apparently even new injectors would have allowed compression to pass by. Reckon we've dropped from a stockish 95rwkw over the last 6 months down to at a best guess 80rwkw but haven't had rough running as you're unfortunately experiencing.
    Mate that is a fair whack of K's on the TD, and I'm betting she will do just as much again with ease. Ive decided to take it in for people in the know to assess. And i'll go from there.
    Garry
    2004 Y61 TD4.2TI Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Could be anything then , including the pump but yeah don't mess with those suckers and even if there was something wrong it's easier and quicker to let an expert look at it .
    There is too many bolts to do and undo on the pump for my liking. It's just asking for trouble. Ive got the habit of having the sexy fingers a fair bit, wehatever i touch, I f***. So definitely may stay away from touching this.
    And ive never asked but i bet theyre not a cheap replacement either.
    Garry
    2004 Y61 TD4.2TI Wagon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast