OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Keep pre air cleaner/ Don't keep? Overall snorkel set up and considerations.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep pre air cleaner/ Don't keep? Overall snorkel set up and considerations.

Thanks guys. A nice welcome to your forum site.

.....and MB Thanks for steering me to the right area. I have read over most of the snorkel related threads.....and would like opinion and thoughts on overall snorkel set up.

My GQ shorty has a round pre air cleaner (AC) down by the the left guard. I want to fit a snorkel . Most probably a SAFARI snorkel. There are the three kits available one for no pre AC and two for the pre. Of these one retains the pre AC and the other discards it.

Are there any benefits either way....To keep or not to keep pre AC.

My thoughts are the pre AC is lower and could lead to water entry.......and general airflow via a pre AC unit wouldn't be the most direct way.......

Any other ideas or thoughts....considerations??

Cheers Bill.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you have a TD42 motor, if your considering fitting a turbo down the track the pre-cleaner is the only option the one on top the motor gets removed.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks gubigfish.

Yes, it is a TD42. I have a 1989 GQ SWB. Interesting point you have given as I have considered a turbo in the future. On that note, the motor is a Silver Top (which to my understanding will take being turboed well). It has 425,000 under he belt.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got rid of the pre cleaner (it still lives under the house) i think i got the ss13r snorkel, if you have scrub rails it may not fit. i do end up changing the main fliter more often.
    mine is a 90 td42lwb
    if its worth doin its worth over doin