Thread: This belong to anyone on here?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This belong to anyone on here?

Does this belong to someone on here?? bloody nice looking ride!!

Also if anyone's looking for a 4.2, here's one for you to look at.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/shei...d42/1151810298

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah nice rig. But 2inch lift with adjustable panhards and drop boxes? I think not. RWC certificate isn't mentioned. Im guessing not with 35's... But yes a very nice truck for sure.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to be a fun spoiler but 39K AUD for 15 years old Patrol, meh I don't thinks so. When will someone recognize that all these mods are worthless to anyone but the owner/modder.....

Again, if someone is looking up for fully equipped fourby at bargain price this ain't it. If you always wanted GU with TD42 and happy with well worn with someone else's choices of equipment at premium price then go for it.

Sure I'll buy your TD42 but take all the mods off and I'll give ya 20K for it because it is not worth more.

It hasn't got RWC because it is not needed in South Australia btw.

Being 2002 vintage chances are that either 5th gear is close to fail or clutch is about to expire....cause only people who tow stuff put those massive mirrors on....

In any case it sounds like it is being sold because someone is either trying to get out of 4WD scene (unlikely) or make a quick buck for other grand purchases. This isn't being sold by an old geezer, they don't put such mods in..

In any case I'd be there with the cheque if it was 2005/2006 model and had 50K less travelled and it has a white paint job, minus all the gear I'm not interested...

Still, a nice rig and good luck with the sale.

Regards

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your a fun spoiler mate. Haha! Yeah it is 15 years old but look at an 80 series cruiser of the same era, mods and condition. I sold my old MK shorty a long time ago at around 4 k more than the going rate. Only because the rarity of my current build and i knew only a select few would understand why i was asking this price. I suppose the seller is chasing the select few.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 Times in 3,370 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently checked 80 series prices (not jumping ship but just checking) and they are still asking on average more than 15 year old TD42's, so i dont see a problem asking for similar modded GU. Obviously IMO and the GU is a better vehicle but do see why some would prefer grandpa spec for 10k less, as I would too for a blank canvas to spec up myself.

PS maybe not 39k though but mid 30's maybe.
    Last edited by Plasnart; 23rd June 2017 at 09:06 PM.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Your a fun spoiler mate. Haha! Yeah it is 15 years old but look at an 80 series cruiser of the same era, mods and condition. I sold my old MK shorty a long time ago at around 4 k more than the going rate. Only because the rarity of my current build and i knew only a select few would understand why i was asking this price. I suppose the seller is chasing the select few.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    I agree prob the same bloke who tried telling me how to price my car so he could pick up the bargain of the decade. Did he offer you 25k like me, lmao.
    ps the nissan spare parts bloke told me 02 models had the revised gear box so don't worry about 5th hey
    Last edited by Robo; 29th June 2017 at 04:53 PM.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I agree prob the same bloke who tried telling me how to price my car so he could pick up the bargain of the decade. Did he offer you 25k like me, lmao.
    ps the nissan spare parts bloke told me 02 models had the revised gear box so don't worry about 5th hey
    I think your spare parts bloke is wrong. I had an 02 GU. I broke fifth. Had to spec it up myself.
    39k seems to be about right if you search Gum-tree. Not likely to get that but easier to move down as a seller than up.
    Its a pretty bus, but when I see a nice shiny one I worry. To clean, to strait.....spells a cover-up.
    But I am a cynical old grump.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5th gear upgrade happened from 2004 onwards....

The cars is still on sale however it seems to have droped in price when you scroll down to the bottom it says 38K ono.

Regards

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
    5th gear upgrade happened from 2004 onwards....

The cars is still on sale however it seems to have droped in price when you scroll down to the bottom it says 38K ono.

Regards
    I can only go on what nissan told me, that was after quoting my vin to them, Uhhh may be the --- st plus limited edition badge has something to do with it.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone tell me what the difference is between the others & a 'plus limited edition' ?! Because That's what I've got & we can't find anything different to others without the badges , maybe it's just the badges ? Haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast