User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sandwich oil plate for RD28T not found

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you buy the 12UNF female to male center adapter, then you can make the plate yourself with a piece of aluminium.
    If you have 12UNF tap and die, you can make the center adapter yourself as well.
    Or you can pay a machine shop to have the whole thing done.
    You can carve a ring on the adapter plate and use a matching O ring or simply use a gasket or silicone sealant for the surface seal.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I know what you mean but before doing that I should be verify if the oil filter has the good size for the plate... And now that I know the filter is an industrial size model, I fear the bore of the filter was superior than the plate and was useless... :/

I think I could do a system fitted in the pressure sensor plug of the engine with derivation and multi plug for the pressure sensor and temperature sensor... I should be work on that option : more fiability against the leak and much more simple than to doing some parts in a machining aluminium with no warranty to success ^^'

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it worth ditching the filter you have got and getting a standard automotive one? With your current filter, you may be limiting your options if that company goes out of business, or you have a failure when driving.
    Last edited by mudnut; 23rd June 2017 at 09:16 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

dom14 (23rd June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the frenchy View Post
    yes I know what you mean but before doing that I should be verify if the oil filter has the good size for the plate... And now that I know the filter is an industrial size model, I fear the bore of the filter was superior than the plate and was useless... :/

I think I could do a system fitted in the pressure sensor plug of the engine with derivation and multi plug for the pressure sensor and temperature sensor... I should be work on that option : more fiability against the leak and much more simple than to doing some parts in a machining aluminium with no warranty to success ^^'
    If you're referring to using a T piece(s) on existing oil pressure switch port on the engine block to install an after market pressure sensor & oil temperature sensor setup, yes, that is the way you should go.
    I used the sandwich plate in mine for the same reason. And if I ran into issues like yours of not being able to simply buy a sandwich plate, I would've used a T piece on the factory oil pressure sensor port. Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the reason you wanted to install a sandwich plate. For some reason I was thinking, it is for installing an oil cooler. Perhaps it is not a good idea to use a sandwich plate to create an oil output/input to fit an oil cooler after all I think. I think the engine block should have extra engine oil ports to fit an engine oil cooler.
    Last edited by dom14; 9th November 2017 at 02:08 AM.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have allready a oem oil cooling system on my engine ^^ And I don't like add a system cooling without thermostatic plate for control the heat.

For the T, I think this is what I do... it's perfect because my oem pressure switch is not in good condition : the pressure is too low on my dash board

thank's for your help everyone

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12