Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Good run

Tuesday radiator sprung a leak dropped coolant on super market car park
    got home ok pulled the radiator out took it down to Natrad found that the
    cowling had rubbed a hole in the bar
    new coolant back together all good I thought till this familiar sound started
    to get louder and louder well switched of the car said a lot of choice words
    said to Jane-o ill fix it tomorrow ,started the day with our early walk to
    Janes work back home then up to my daughters place to walk my grand son to school
    and back home by 9am got stuck into taking the belt tensioner of (always keep a spare )
    getting good at this now an hour later its done thinking that it seems ok not like
    the others ive / we've done its been on since the Madigan line any way fire up the old girl
    again and the squeak is still there w t f any way turns out the belt was the fault this time
    not the tensioner

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

mudski (23rd June 2017), Rossco (22nd June 2017), TPC (22nd June 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 3,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Roofy View Post
    Tuesday radiator sprung a leak dropped coolant on super market car park
    got home ok pulled the radiator out took it down to Natrad found that the
    cowling had rubbed a hole in the bar
    new coolant back together all good I thought till this familiar sound started
    to get louder and louder well switched of the car said a lot of choice words
    said to Jane-o ill fix it tomorrow ,started the day with our early walk to
    Janes work back home then up to my daughters place to walk my grand son to school
    and back home by 9am got stuck into taking the belt tensioner of (always keep a spare )
    getting good at this now an hour later its done thinking that it seems ok not like
    the others ive / we've done its been on since the Madigan line any way fire up the old girl
    again and the squeak is still there w t f any way turns out the belt was the fault this time
    not the tensioner
    I changed my belt tensioner last year and still had a loud squeak, turned out to be a loose exhaust bolt in my case. Was rather annoyed at the time as changing the tensioner on a CRD is a pig of a job.
    At least I have a spare now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Rossco (22nd June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I changed my belt tensioner last year and still had a loud squeak, turned out to be a loose exhaust bolt in my case. Was rather annoyed at the time as changing the tensioner on a CRD is a pig of a job.
    At least I have a spare now.
    Yep not that easy on the DI either but run perfect all day today went to Healsvile then over to Wanterna and back again
    hardly missed a beat

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

mudski (23rd June 2017)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see Roofy that you fixed it yourself. Mines off the road as I had sprung a water leak from the water manifold that JPC use on their TD's. So I removed it all yesterday, and put new peices of pipe in it and now it leaks worse than before. Ugh! So i will ave to sit there for a while now. Waiting on a cooling system pressure tester to arrive. SO I can pressure test it before bolting everything back up.
    Plus my front right hub was making some funky loud clucks and bangs on our recent High Country trip, so i did that trip in 2 Low, and on AT's. Was interesting but surprising good to just find out how far I can go in 2wd. So with this I removed the locking hub thinking it wasn't engaging right and the gears weren't meshing. Only to find its all good and no signs of wear. So the entire right side was removed to check the CV. All's good there. Hmm....