Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

It's done and I now have pics, the controller mount sits out of sight behind the flap when the controller is in its pouch not in use and slips neatly into the bracket when required.

There was a fair bit of trial and error getting holes in the right spot but fortunately it's all out of sight. First the radio and center air con vent unit was removed, I cut a couple of slots in the top of the panel for the small bracket mount and then a larger one at the back for the wiring.

With that done I turned to the wiring and decided to take power directly from the battery via a 25amp circuit breaker and then went looking for someway to get through the firewall, I found a rubber grommet in a metal bracket just above the accelerator pedal that I used to feed wiring through, I couldn't find any 6mm blue cable so I've used black that I've run along the chassis and put some blue heat shrink at the plug end to hopefully avoid confusion at a later date. I was hoping the factory might have allowed for electric brakes in the wiring loom but the only thing I found was a short 4mm cable at the tow bar going to the plug but it's under size so will be removed.

It took a bit of mucking around refitting the air con panel to create enough space for the wiring to slide in and out a bit when fitting the controller but it fits.

Cheers
    John
    Last edited by TT Aero; 8th August 2017 at 08:42 PM.