Thread: y62 fuel consumption

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

y62 fuel consumption

Just did the fuel consumption calculations from fuel used and kilometres traveled. This is much more precise than the incar calculator.
    16.1ltrs/100Ks. City driving short trips. Haven't had an opportunity to get away yet.
    Sid

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclone For This Useful Post:

Avo (9th June 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get between 17-19L/100 around town, 14-16 on the highway and 25-26 towing our van (2.6T offroad). It is more than most but I am a lead foot. Have power, will use it 😆😆.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregs View Post
    We get between 17-19L/100 around town, 14-16 on the highway and 25-26 towing our van (2.6T offroad). It is more than most but I am a lead foot. Have power, will use it 😆😆.
    these figures are not far out form what i get with my GU ..might have to trade for power if nothing else
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    these figures are not far out form what i get with my GU ..might have to trade for power if nothing else
    We had a 3L auto GU and it used approx 21-23L/100 when towing this same van, depending if the muddies were on, but it was 200kg lighter back then too (ATM was 2400kg, now it is 2600kg). The GU never went over the same hills as this Y62 has been over with the van on so all in all it is pretty good for what it is. The worst figures when towing with the Y62 were approx 33L/100, this was towing the van through the back way between Oberon and Goulburn, the hills here just keep on giving and bloody giving, just when you think you rise over the top there is more hill....and I just kept feeding it too, if I wasn't doing a 100kph where I could safely do that speed I was awfully close, and the windows were down too so I could listen to the noise from the V8 (bloody big kid I am!!).
    The absolute worst consumption figures I have got were 43L/100, this was towing the van a short distance and then 4wding for a couple of days with a fair bit of wet sloppy mud and some seriously steep stuff thrown in, unfortunately the fuel that was in the tank for this trip was United E10 premium, I should have just used 91 instead, but was told it will be ok for my vehicle as they didn't have normal 95 or 98octane....never again though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th June 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've a Series 2 Ti and I have to say it surprises me often, maybe I've become slow in my old age however I don't mind a bit of a fang now and then.
    A couple of trips to Bendigo and back (2hrs each way) and I calculated 12.2l/100k and a recent trip to Moolap (turn left at Geelong and head south) 12.1l/100k. All country kays at highway speed, except for the M80 where one sits for 20mins either stopped or at best 20k/hr. I use 98ron as its all for work and written off anyways. Car is stock apart from roofracks. The comfort offered and the power available on tap should I need it leaves me quietly pleased. Would I go 4wding and bush bash with it....nup it's too nice atm! I do venture down dirt roads and play in the snow and sand however. As a tow rig for hauling 3T - fantastic, 4wd for getting the gear out/in of the shed when the grass it wet and muddy and also backing down steep boat ramps. Towing the 3T caravan my wife managed 29.9l/100ks while I managed 23.5l/100k, needless to say we were all a little excited with my wifes driving style. For short trips and city driving it would be hard to justify the purchase but it suits our needs well.
    Cheers BruceR

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjrow For This Useful Post:

Avo (15th August 2017), Clunk (15th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah they arent as bad as some people seem to think. The first tank we put through ours came out at 17/100 and being new there was quite a bit of spirited driving. And you also dont buy a v8 if yoir concerned about economy. But it uses no more fuel than my old td42ti did when towing the float so I am also very happy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th August 2017), MB (16th August 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I finally got away with the van in tow the weekend before last. The Van is 2.5 ton. We went up the Toowoomba range at the speed limit. Fuel consumption was 21.1 Liters per 100. This was calculated at the pump not by the trip computer. On the way up the computer read 22/100 coming home it was on 20/100