OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error lights came up on dash, TC, ABS, Stab Cont, Diff Lock with 3 bells

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error lights came up on dash, TC, ABS, Stab Cont, Diff Lock with 3 bells

Hi, Long time lurker and first post on this forum.
    I have a 2014 GU Y61, 3L manual. Has 2" ARB lift, 3" Redback exhaust, both fitted over a year ago. (This is my third GU)
    This morning when driving to work, I had the Traction control, Stability Control, Diff Lock and ABS lights come on and the bell 'dinged' 3 times (I think it was 3), then they went off after 50 meters, the cycle then repeated a few more times and stopped (I hope)
    I'm about to head off on a 10,000k Kimberly trip and am a little concerned about this, I've tried searching this forum but not able to find anything specific. Does anyone know what this could be or point me at info to see what it was trying to tell me ?
    Hope someone can help, Thanks, Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First off post an intro before asking questions just polite and all
    so welcome to the forum, and enjoy
    As for your problem you need to disconnect
    your battery for 45mins or more. Go out and buy yourself a Scan-gauge best
    bit of kit you can buy for a CRD diesel Patrol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wot he said ^^^^

Scan gauge or equivalent will all but pay for itself on a trip like that by fuel saving plus give you better idea of coolant temp, boost pressure etc etc.

I don't know the later GU's well enough to help with the symptoms other than that Traction, Stab and ABS all share many components.
    Yendor or someone with better experience will know more
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I'll do a quick into on that forum, didn't intend to be rude. Not much more to say though...

I have a scan gauge but it's not throwing up any codes, just lighting up and getting the bells.. I went for a drive to pick up some Oil at lunch and it's still happening. The bells just chime util the lights go out, not 3 or 4 etc.

Also, curious on how you would use scan gauge to reduce fuel use ? ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks, Rob

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, forgot to add that I did install a Projecta DC to DC charger last weekend.. It did have a VSR since new, just decided to look after the aux battery a bit more and use it for solar MPPT input.. That seems to be behaving normally and it doesn't seem to trigger the lights.. ie. when it goes from Bulk to Absorption to Float etc.. No tie in at all..

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to spam this thread but seems I may have my answer due to forcing my thought processes through this thread.. When I installed the Projecta DC to DC charger, it had an ignition wire that should have been wired to ignition power for vehicles with a 'Smart Alternator'.. I assumed the old tractor had a standard alternator but Batteries Direct who I bought it from set me straight, it aparantley does have one.. So I'll wire that in and expect it to be fixed. (fingers crossed)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ScanGauge won’t read faults in the ABS, ESC or with the factory diff lock.

Where did you mount the Projecta unit?

Have you recently done and 4WD?

It sounds like the system thinks the rear diff lock is on.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks, thanks for your replies, it's a sign of a healthy forum helping a new poster / old member.
    I wired up the ignition wire to the IDC25 charger and no more lights & bells today !! I really just needed to put my brain in gear, I panicked with the trip starting so soon.
    Yendor, I mounted it between the Aux Battery & the ABS pump. Made a bracket to mount it vertically and just need to put a bit of heat shielding between the turbo and the Battery & Charger now.
    All seems to be working a treat now, hope it stays that way.

Thanks for your help, Robbo

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Just double check the two vacuum lines for the rear diff lock near where you mounted the charger. The lines run from the solenoid mounted on the top of the firewall (near the passenger side bonnet hinge) and run down beside the ABS pump. Make sure they are both still connected and the hose hasn’t split.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

rob107672 (13th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob107672 View Post
    Also, curious on how you would use scan gauge to reduce fuel use ? ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks, Rob
    Scan gauge will show you instantaneous and average fuel use.
    You will be amazed at the difference just some small driving habit changes will affect fuel use
    When and when not to use 5th esp when towing...
    When to downshift gears...
    When driving like Miss Daisy is actually worse (CRDs in any vehicle tend to like firm acceleration up to cruise etc rather than 'softly 'softly on the gas)
    If you stay away from the really high fuel flows the change in Litres per Hundred K's is well worth it and hardly noticeable in trip time etc

They display 4 parameters at once so I usually had mine set to Boost pressure, Coolant temp, Avg fuel and the 4th depended a bit on what I was doing
    Last edited by the evil twin; 8th June 2017 at 04:02 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast